kashton

Sony HDR-TG1

I haven't seen any discussions about this camera. I am looking for something with a very slim profile and this looks like a good candidate.

Has anyone had any experience with this camera? How does it perform in freefall?

This camera is not compatible with any wide angle lenses that I know of. Would it be a good idea to stick with a camera that has a wide angle lens? I will only be using it for fun jumps and training purposes, not professional photography.

Thank you!
That John Denver's full of s**t man...

It's a great day to be alive

I read it before I posted

That's better than most new posters these days. :)
However, the 200 jump minimum applies to all camera jumps, not just the professional ones. If your profile is correct we get to congratulate you on your newly minted "A" license, correct?

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

25 jumps in 2 months is good, keep that up and you'll probably be ready to fly camera at the end of the year, not much sense in buying a camera now since they change so much and prices keep dropping, unless you want it for non-jumping too.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

So back to the plot ! :S
Has anybody any experience with the TG1/TG3 ????
The lens is very small ! will the picture quality suffer in low light conditions

Somebody in another tread mentioned glueing a filter ring or step-up ring to the camera to screw a w/a lens to .
Has anybody tried this ? and do they still have their lens :P

oh , and just to keep the camera Nazis happy , I have 800 jumps , 400 with camera :)

I have been using the camera for 100 jumps with the Cookie helmet and Hypeye - this is version 3 of a white paper I have done on my experience and the good bits of info that have appeared on a number of threads around the place.

Recently have worked out much easier way to focus camera, found that pic is better with stabilisation turned off, and have added other info re buffering and dubbing.

As mentioned above - there is another extensive thread on this camera -94 posts- on dropzone.com - but the camera name does not appear in the heading - so this may be a nice place to consolidate the information.

Comments and feedback welcome.
Hope this helps.
Kate