RSG

A company that sells full helmet?

I know of a couple companies that sell all the equipment, but won't assemble it for you. The cost is quite a bit higher, and the only customers who take advantage of the service are military units buying "one offs" and are on bidding constraints.

My subtle point was, if you can't be bothered to do the research, purchasing, and assembly of your own helmet, then camera flying might not be for you.

IMMSHO of course.:|

----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Well, 240 in 12 could be like me... I did 13 in the first 2 years, then took many years off and came back to the sport in 2006. Now I am doing over 150 per year.
But I agree, being current is most paramount if you want to consider strapping on a camera. The first time your d-bag bounces off your lid and your canopy opens and you realize you just got lucky that a suspension line never hooked your helmet or camera.... I'm sure you get the picture.
Also, the extra weight is something you really need to consider on opening. I currently jump 2 sabre-1 150's and have been spanked a couple times. But getting spanked with that extra weight on your head is a whole new world! Can you say Chiropractor???
Basically, just be safe and make sure you are current enough to handle the extra's of the camera. And think hard about your helmet purchase. A lot of helmets have tons of snag points. Consider a 2K Composite helmet due to the type of box it has. No snag points at all. I have had mine for a year now and it is truly the best lid I could have ever spent money on.
Hope that helps...
2K Composites Dealer
TonySuits Dealer
Larsen & Brusgaard Dealer
CSPA C, Coach 1, Rigger A, Instructor A, Tandem Videographer / Photographer, EJR

Issue with the enclosed systems is they are really built around 1 camera platform and do not allow you to swap to a new one that easy. For example if you had one built for a PC1000 and now you want to upgrade to a HC3 you can't since the helmet won't fit it. That means either getting another PC1000 or getting another helmet.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Well, the FF2 is somewhat versatile for PC-style cameras... the box fits a lot of different cameras and the L-bracket inside is very adjustable. But yeah, sucks now that no new cameras will fit. But the FF3 can fit a wide range of the new cameras and I guess the door can be swapped to fit different cameras. I really like the FF2, but it won't last me forever...

Dave

Yeah. The FF3 is definately the way to go. I have an FF2 and love it. But the versatility of the FF3 is sweet! See the info below from the 2K site:

FF3 Freefly Helmet

- Flat Top for your Stills Camera
- Has recess to easily fit a CameyeII
- Two Internal Audible Ports on the right hand side
- Comes standard with Ratchet Chin-Cup

Fits all Sony PC cameras except the old Sony PC7 and PC10 and the full range of Sony HC cameras including the HD HC 3/5 and 7 and the new CX6/7.

And yes, I am the dealer for Alberta / BC for 2K Composites. So I'm a little biased. ;)
2K Composites Dealer
TonySuits Dealer
Larsen & Brusgaard Dealer
CSPA C, Coach 1, Rigger A, Instructor A, Tandem Videographer / Photographer, EJR