northern

whats the diff? pc9 and pc1000

to all who might know the differnce between the sony pc9 and the sony pc1000.

all I know is I can get a pc9 for $200

and a pc1000 for like $800

is the difference of $600 really worth it at a tandem mill.

thanks
change your break lines. for the love of your femurs.

The PC1000 is a three chip camera. Colour looks better, especially in low light conditions (sunset jumps). It's also a little lighter than the PC9 and has better batteries. The PC( is a fine camera too, especially for tandem videos.

Canuck

Fine for tandem vids especially outside vid. I edit a pc9 and 1000 (hand cam) and can definitely see a picture quality diff in focal length (pc 9 seems "zoomed in" slightly or not as wide as the 1000 with the same lens. 1000 also performs better at sunset and with high cloud layers causing a backlit situation when shooting upward. Audio seems to be worse on interviews with pc9.

1000 might offer a better resale too.

hope it helps.

Fine for tandem vids especially outside vid. I edit a pc9 and 1000 (hand cam) and can definitely see a picture quality diff in focal length (pc 9 seems "zoomed in" slightly or not as wide as the 1000 with the same lens.

Are you positive you are talking PC9 and not PC109?

The PC9 has the widest feild of vision I have seen on any sony video camera. In fact our PC9 is too wide for my partners helmet as it gets the helmet in the shot where no other camera has done that with the same lens.

I have never had a PC1000 but they didn't strike me as being that wide at all when I have seen footage from them.

Just curious.

To the the OP,

I would buy both of those cameras if I were you!

PC type camera are becoming 'Hens Teeth'

;)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Are you positive you are talking PC9 and not PC109?

I would guess so.

I have a PC9 and a PC1000 at the moment and after a little testing I say the PC1000 has a slightly wider angle of view on the widest setting than the PC9 has on the widest setting.

Sony agrees with me:

DCR-PC9 manual, look at page 181

DCR-PC1000 manual, look at page 116