DSE

Comp USA/HDD's

Dunno if it applies in your area, but CompUSA is going out of business, and today I was able to buy 1TB drives for $149.00 each, Western Digital MyBook. not the Premium Edition II with the loud fans, but the original MyBook (but it needs open air, as while it's quiet, it's HOT).

Damn! That is a good deal. So the whole company is going out of business? Their website still has normal prices and mentions nothing of this. I guess I could drive over to the local one tomorrow and see what's up.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

CompUSA is no more. They are now owned by a liquidator. In 90 days, all stores will be shut down. I was informed via PM that pricing is somewhat variable from store to store. I bought a Swiss Army backpack, reg price 109.00 for 24.55 today.B| But some stuff wasn't all that great, for instance 8GB ExtremeIII cards were still 140.00 after discount.

Ours here in San Bernardino liquidated and shut down last year. Got a steal on a 500GB firewire external HD before the doors shut.

Pity. I liked to browse their store.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

1TB drive still nearly $400 in Orlando. [:/]

Lots of other stuff in the store discounted 15-30%, but even the most heavily discounted stuff still couldn't compare with Newegg prices.

Sort of telling as to why they're going out of business. Not their fault, just the way the face of business is changing. They were the last big brick & mortar chain that carried things like mobos, PSU's, cases, etc... as far as I know. It's sad, but I can't really say I'll miss them either since I order all my shit online.

www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Wow. that sucks. Even Costco has TB drives in the high 200's, IIRC.
I won't miss the two CompUSA's here, they had lousy customer service on top of everything else. And their prices were never all that great. But the store is fun to walk through.

I've been to three CompUSAs in the past two days (two in New Hampshire and one in Connecticut), and the 1tb drives are all close to $300. Wonder why your store had them so low.
They do have piles of cheap Canon and Epson inkjet printers; just not any one I would really want.

HW