DSE

LANC control

I don't enjoy teasing as much as I enjoy being teased, tho.

So...since the AV/D link connection can do so much...what about audio input? Is it useful/necessary/stupid?

What about being able to snap stills with some cameras that allow for this? Is it useful/unnecessary/stupid?

If you could design the DREAM control that doesn't have a pile of spaghetti coming out of it, what would you like it to do besides start/stop/indicate camera status?

Everyone. Can I have everyone's attention?!!! Shhhhh

Thankyou.

Please read the following quote:

I don't enjoy teasing as much as I enjoy being teased, tho. ~~DSE

Let's see what we can do to help a brother out by making his day that much more enjoyable.:P:ph34r::ph34r:
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Got to keep you on your toes. Just wait until I post those pictures taken of us at the bar with those strippers that thought you were so cute. I would have never guessed they were trannies.:o>:(

Never thought about other options.

If a decent microphone could be rigged, being able to give a commentary of the jump as it is happening. Might be an interesting tool for debriefing a student. One issue with this is that I would assume a full face would be needed for good sound and most camera helmets are open face.

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Oh shit...I shoulda qualified who I like to be teased by, huh?
Monkeyboy, you scare me.:o:D

Seriously now...what would YOU like a LANC control to do for you besides start/stop/indicate?

I'd like it to provide an external USB plug so I can copy all the data from my CX7 without having to pop the memory stick out every time. The memory stick slot will wear out eventually I expect, and currently I need to open the lcd screen every time so the memory stick can be removed. It would be nice to have the ability to leave the camera on the helmet protected in a box all day. Is USB possible along with LANC control from the D port on these cameras?

The remote what we were dreaming about for a long time.... This is connected to the LANC and allows to take pictures while you're recording since it contorls the photo function as well.
I guess it still needs some rigging though to make it functional.
I'll order one and try to make it "Work".
Baybe after this we can use the same divice for both video and stills in the "Tandem World"

First we'll need SONY to make a camera that can Buffer more than 3 images. AFAIK that's all the current cameras can do while recording and they don't write their information till the recording has stopped.

PS tell your friend I got his message, and will try to call back tomorrow.:)
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I'll qualify this by saying I don't film tandems, so my needs are basic.
in addition to start/stop/indicate, power on/power off would be nice.
if its possible to program in settings then a couple of function buttons that set the zoom/focus/mode/white balance to a predefined set of values would be really slick. you could have button one be freefall, button two be in the plane, and then your process would be power on function button one then start recording. if that could be done and the cost kept reasonable, wow.

adrian nichols did that under a bigway or world record attempt. If he had equipment similar to TV-networks or s small system that we could use, I don't know. But a full face would definitely help. The video adrian made had a lot of noise in it, and he used an open face.

2 cents your way
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

Seriously now...what would YOU like a LANC control to do for you besides start/stop/indicate?

definitely the ability to snap a still image. i don't fly video (yet) but i think that having one low-profile camera on your head that could do an acceptable job of video and stills would be a great rig.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

I'd guess that start/stop/indicate/power on-off/ would serve the needs of almost all but a few.

A remote wireless mic setup would be a very cool addition however.

power on/off would be a good feature...maybe a zoom would be nice, but i dont see a major need for that at all. Having pre-set fades/transitions would save some time in the editing room...if you could just push a button on your head/helmet and have said effect take place...unnecessary but could save time and would be cool.

I would rather not have zoom, taped mine down after the third jump in which it zoomed in (ok in 2-3 years, but still anoying)... :(

That did got me thinking btw, zoom status indicator would be awesome... :P
The trouble with skydiving; If you stink at it and continue to jump, you'll die. If you're good at it and continue to jump, you'll see a lot of friends die...