WatchYourStep

Quick Help With Mac

I just got my Mac and am loving it.

I'm trying to download video and am having an issue.

I have an HC42 (with the docking station). The camera is plugged into the computer and is on. I open iMovie but can't get the computer to find a camera. Do I need to install software on the Mac to get it to recognize it? I've lost the manual and disc, that or they are packed deep away somewhere

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

I restarted it and that didn't work. The dock is currently using the USB connection. You think the firewire connection will work? I guess I need to go buy some firewire. Anything particular I'm looking for?

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Thanks for the help guys. I went out and picked one out and guess what...it worked just like it was suppose to. It was sooooo much easier than when I did it with my PC. :)
One more question. My iPod (1st gen) uses a docking station which runs through firewire which is kind of a bummer because I think my Mac only has one fiirewire port. Should I see if I can get the Mac to hook up via USB or just keep swapping the plugs out which is easy enough, just kind of annoying.

Thanks again for the help.

Thanks a ton. I may look for another one because that got butchered on the reviews, but that's exactly what I'm looking for!!!

Well got it in the mail today.

I followed the directions as far as plugging things in the correct order. Turn on the computer and nothing :(

My iPod is charging off the docking station so it's getting juice but the computer doesn't pick it up.

Any suggestions?

Happy Holidays.