flyer299

How to use my Pro Track this weekend

Ok, I ordered my Pro Track and I just got it in. What a cool toy. The problem is I was hoping that my new Mindwarp would also be in, but it isn't. I am still going to jump this weekend and I want to know the best way to use my new pro track.

I have my own goggles with a thick strap on them. I might be able to attach to that? I will be wearing a pro teck helmet over my googles?

Or should I do the safer thing and just put the pro Track in a pocket so It can record the jump, but not make use of the audible?

Or should I do the safest thing and just leave it on the ground until I get my Mindwarp in and jump with it next time?

Pockets work, but it could also fall out (depending on the pocket).

You could always drill some small holes in the Pro-Tec and mount it inside the ear using the mounting bracket and the provided zipties.B|

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Oh, right, they probably won't, sorry for the assumption.

Well, zippered pockets, right on, enjoy your new toy.B|

Becareful, its easy to get REAL lazy with keeping up with your log book once you have a protrack. I'm trying to pull myself out of that habit now...

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Just to be on the safe side, consider putting it in the inside pocket. I've seen people lose stuff (mostly just pull-up cords) they had in their zippered leg pockets many times. It could have been just bad zippers combined with the faster freeflying speeds, but I personally wouldn't take chances with a 280$ toy, even though L&B would probably replace it free of charge if you lost it.;)

I have a protec with the protrack strapped to the V in the chin strap right by my ear . I straped it with those plastic ties that are self-locking. It works well however this is only good on the 1/2 shell type.
Better you than me

Why don't you just put it inside the protec in the "hole" for your ear?

I do this too but then my Protec has quite a bit of padding. The Protrack fits neatly into the ear cutout. I also put a small elasic around it lengthways in case it wants to slip around but you pretty much have to pry it out as it is. The elastic stops the plastic edges on the helmet scratching the protrack's face too.
Just make sure you don't take off your helmet in the field and let the Protrack drop out or something!
One day I'll buy an expensive helmet but I'll need to try some on first though. Next time I'm in AZ :)

Why don't you just put it inside the protec in the "hole" for your ear?

I do this too but then my Protec has quite a bit of padding. The Protrack fits neatly into the ear cutout. I also put a small elasic around it lengthways in case it wants to slip around but you pretty much have to pry it out as it is. The elastic stops the plastic edges on the helmet scratching the protrack's face too.
Just make sure you don't take off your helmet in the field and let the Protrack drop out or something!
One day I'll buy an expensive helmet but I'll need to try some on first though. Next time I'm in AZ :)

I used to tie 3 elastic bands together, then put the two end through the ear-vents in the pro-tec from the outside, so I had 2 keepers for the pro-track on the inside of the helmet. Won't fall out that way (almost lost it once when it did so I came up with this).

ciel bleu,
Saskia