pbwing

Schumaker Extender on a Optik Illusion

Hi folks,

First of all, here's a newbie question for you...

Is anyone use a ring sight for photo only?? I'm not interested in mounting video at this point. I have a 5d with 20mm lens.

If it is recommended, where best to mount the righ sight extender?? I've seen all sorts of set ups (to th side, over the eye, right between the eyes...).

If you have the illusion, i'd be interested in your opinions on where best to mount it.

Thanks!
Paul

Since you have only a still camera (and a fairly nice one at that) mounted, I am going to assume you're doing something more important than "work" skydives. In this post there is a picture of my Optik Illusion with a Shumacher articulating ringsight on it.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

...I am going to assume you're doing something more important than "work" skydives.

I wish...call it a very expense hobby!!

Thanks for the photo Matt. I was thinking something like that. Nice and compact.

What did you use to round out the edges of the extender/ring sight post?

Hi,

I put the mounting post in the middle of the helmet, and trimmed it and the bar on the sight to have minimum excess i used a hacksaw and file.

I set the sight so there is minimum gap between it and my goggles. Every thing to reduce the snag potential. If it somehow happens the quick release might get it's time to shine.

Happened once to me that the poleyster screws did the shining. To this day I have no idea what it snagged on, but since then I have remounted it and really removed all the excess. BTW the HyPeye cable is the only thing that saved the expensive eyesight from going bye bye.

IMHO More reason to use the polyester screws.

-Trunk
HYPOXIC