clint

Hand Cam Camera's, what's new?

I have old Sony PC model cameras but they are all on their last legs. I need a new camera. What's new. I'm old school.

I'm using the Royal lens .3

Thanks,
-
Clint MacBeth
Skydive Moab 435 259 JUMP
M.O.A.B. Mother Of All Boogies Sept 19 - 23, 2012

There are no new PC or TRV being made. ;) If you want new Sony its lower end HC models like the HC-46 mid range like the HC-96 or up to high def in the HC5 or 7. Thats it for new cameras.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The HC mid range seem to be working pretty well, and Simon Wade makes a damn fine glove for them that also is adjustable for different cameras.

I have one of Simons gloves and a Sony HC40.. The glove is Awesome and the camera works good with a 0.3x royal lens

Scott
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I'm a proud owner of a few gloves; I like the new Ozonefly glove quite a bit. It's very comfortable, solid, and adapts to fit more/larger cameras than the other wrist mounts I've got. It also has a cutaway, which seems a bit odd, but they told me that in Europe, they're more or less required to have a safety release.
It does (barely) adjust to hold the high def cams with a .2 lens mounted.

they told me that in Europe, they're more or less required to have a safety release

Not in the whole of Europe they're not. Maybe in specific countries or on specific dz's, but still... In fact I've never even SEEN one with a release, besides the ads.

I jump on of Simon's. No release ;) Don't especially want one, either ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

The HC mid range seem to be working pretty well, and Simon Wade makes a damn fine glove for them that also is adjustable for different cameras.

Yes, he does! I bought a cheap glove ($50) from someone else on Ebay and basically got what I paid for. But I was able to use it for a few months before it came unwravelled. I was able to rig it up for a few more months.

I bought one of Simon's glove and that baby is well made!

Thanks Simon!

steveOrino