freakflydiver

other battery brands for Sony

Silly question, but I was wondering if it's ok to use other brands of Batteries for a PC1000?. There are some sweet deals on new batteries on ebay, but I wonder if they would cause any damage to the camera.

Thank you

here's the ebay link:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=sony+pc1000+battery&category0=
Freakfly.ca coming soon

I currently have 1 sony battery and 3 other off brand batteries for my Sony. They are way less $ and though one of mine went bad after a little over a year of use, I still feel that I came out ahead. I dont think they are as good as the Sonys but they have worked good in my experence. The 2 still working non-Sony battteries have been great and I would buy them again. I got mine off of E-bay as well..

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I just bought a huge generic FP-90 battery for my HC3 for $11 bucks on ebay vs $104 from sony. It has worked fine and lasts for 200+ minutes. I don't think I'll ever buy another Sony branded battery when I can buy 10 for the price of one. By the way- that big-ass battery came with a free wall/car charger- can't beat that for $11!

Have a couple of Ebay batters for my pc1000. They are great! While once in a while you may not get the life you may expect, BUT, at a quarter or a tenth of the expense of the Sony OEM battery ..... you are still way ahead!!

Kent
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------JUMP SAFE!

I always had success using off-brand batteries, but some of my batteries do not work on other's camera's. Some physically do not fit, some cameras simply refuse non-sony batteries. But on the whole, I stick with off-brands.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Not the same camera as yours, but I have a large capacity SQ from InfoTECH M series battery on my PC100. I've been using it for about 18 months now with no problems encountered.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Hi All

I bought two NP90's for my HC3 from the US on eBay at $10.50 each and received a free battery charger with each one! With shipping to the UK it came to about $20 each - with the current exchange rate, that's peanuts! (Sorry guys, I'm not gloating - well....just a bit.)

I had to buy a US/UK plug for a couple of £'s to use the chargers but the batteries have been brilliant.

I just take the precaution of never leaving the cheapie in the camera when it is not in use.

No problems and they seem to hold a big charge for a long time!

Go for it!!!

Regards

Paul
The probability of being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions at the time!