RoysPlayThing

Camera Helmet Help...

I'm hoping this is the right place to ask, but we are looking for a clean finish top mounted camera helmet for Roy. I'm a bit worried about his current side mount because of his last chop because of his lines getting caught on his side mount. Luckily when he cut away the line broke and it didn't break his neck, but his camera helmet also doesn't have a cutaway system on it, and this incident reminded me of this.

He has mentioned to me and others that he's been doing the side mount thing all this time and nothing happened before... but I guess it only takes that one time to be a different story.

So, sorry if I'm just sounding just like a worried S.O. But I'm hoping for some ideas, maybe links to sites etc. and where we can look for good clean (meaning no extensions for lines to get caught on) top mount camera helmets with a cutaway system for a camera and video.

I thank you in advance for any help. :)

The Cookie MXV: http://www.cookiecomposites.com/shop/helmets/5/index.htm
and the Bonehead Optik
http://www.cookiecomposites.com/shop/helmets/5/index.htm
are two good ones for top mounted video cameras. If you need to be able to mount more than one camera (like an additional still camera) you should look at Boneheads other helmets.
Cookie and Bonehead both make nice boxes that will protect the camera and reduce snag points.

So, sorry if I'm just sounding just like a worried S.O.

did you mean S.O.B. ? LOL:D:D

Have you looked at the flat top pro?
one day I will be cool and buy one of those but I will have to wait for now.

Roy could mount a VW bug on the FTP and still have room on the side to open the dorr and step out.
(well, not really but there's a lot of room and they are sweet helmets.)
My photos

My Videos

I just got a helmet with a top mount from Cookie Composites and it is an amazing work of art. I got to use it for the first time in Eloy the last two weeks and could not be happier and also got lots of comments from other jumpers in regards to how clean it is.

Well worth checking them out and they have been excellent to work with! :)