velocityphoto

Canon rebel xt problem?

Yesterday i turned on my rebel and the back screen stopped working .The camera takes photo's without problems but i can't view them or access my menu at all?? Any idea's ??

Thanks Lonnie

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

On the 400, I have a sensor that switches of the LCD when you raise it to your eye. I can turn this function off via a menu option (so that it's always on).. Is it worth trying that?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I would ASSuME you took the battery out, let it sit for a while and then replaced the battery and tried again??

You also may want to shot Canon Support mail to see if it is a common problem.

Please keep us informed, never heard of this one.

Best of luck,

Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

It seems that the plug for my shutter release was not making contact correctly . When i unplugged it, the viewer lcd and menu works fine.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Correct. :)

Us Americans aren't good with numbers...

Yeah I don't know... it would seriously reduce the confustion wrt the international community we live in today...

it is possible I suppose that there is some subtle difference between the xt vs 350d and xti vs 400d respectively... but only Canon knows that...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...