DSE

New Sony HDV

Thanks Doug ........ would love to see pics ........ I'm doubling up on cameras for Nationals so upgrading to HC7’s...... also do you have a preference on which box is a better fit etc.? I currently jump a BoneHead w/ an HC85 but was impressed with the Cookie at the PIA

if you do that the video will not be continuous. 3-10 sec delay after taking a still shot according to the fine print. I guess we still need a still camera.

stink, that sucks :(

Crap, you just broke my heart.:( I was totally ready to buy one mostly just for that feature. Fuck.>:(
Gravity Waits for No One.

yeah, but as far as i know, if you do that the video will not be continuous. 3-10 sec delay after taking a still shot according to the fine print. I guess we still need a still camera.

Where did you read this? Has anyone else heard the same? I looked around, but could not find that statement anywhere...

yeah, but as far as i know, if you do that the video will not be continuous. 3-10 sec delay after taking a still shot according to the fine print. I guess we still need a still camera.

After a bit of research I doubt there is a delay. However, I did just read in the owners manual something that is a bit disturbing: "For each separate time tape recording, up to 3 still images can be recorded." OK, so that means you'd only get 3 friken pictures for each jump... That sorta sucks. Can anyone confirm this?

I have not confirmed that HC7 actually does give a delay, but says so on Sony's Japanese web site. My Sony camcorder does give a delay, too.

That's odd. How many pictures can you take during each video recording? Are you limited to three? These fuckin marketing guys are assholes, cause I've looked everywhere and I can't find shit about there being a delay.>:( Seems like they'd be placing themselves in a pretty bad legal situation by saying that it simultaneously records video and shoots pictures. It's bad enough that it only shoots 3 pictures for the whole jump.

It sounds confusing. I can’t tell from what I see if it means: (a) there would be a delay (a blank spot) in the motion picture recording if still shots were taken simultaneously, or (b) there is a delay after the motion picture recording is stopped, if we took still pictures in that recoding session, so that the camcorder has time to write/move the still pictures saved and stored in a memory somewhere to the memory stick duo (i.e. there is a delay between the time we stop recording and the time we can start recoding again from the stand-by mode).