weegegirl

Wide Angle for XT

I'll see, this weekend, if I can find someone with the canon 15mm (I think I know someone who has one) and I'll take it, the 18-55mm kit lens, and the sigma 15mm to front float and get some more example shots.

I have nothing better to do this weekend.

THAT would be awesome, my friend! But, you know, we wouldn't want you to go out of your way or anything. :P
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

I'll see, this weekend, if I can find someone with the canon 15mm (I think I know someone who has one) and I'll take it, the 18-55mm kit lens, and the sigma 15mm to front float and get some more example shots.

THAT would be awesome, my friend! But, you know, we wouldn't want you to go out of your way or anything. :P

I actually was going to do this, I swear.

I couldn't find anyone with a canon 15mm (everyone and their cousin has the sigma) however JP (Deuce) had a Sigma 14mm Aspherical I figured I'd throw into the line up along with the two lenses of mine.

...then JP and his team had to leave early yesterday... ...then I had a spinning mal on my second jump of the day... ...then I discovered the reserve on my second rig was out of date by a week...

I was able to borrow a friend's rig a little later in the day, but the four jumps I made after that were all training jumps and I was leaving from the camera step.

Oh well, maybe next weekend.

No worries. You'll have them when you have them. Thanks for thinking of us though. :)
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

The simga 15mm is a great lens, but it cannot compare to the Canon 15mm lens. The difference in picture quality is noticeably better on the Canon lens. Take an 8 x 10 taken with a Canon lens, and put it next to an 8 x 10 taken with a sigma lens in the same conditions, with the same camera. You will notice an obvious difference in quality of the Canon photo. Don't get me wrong, the simga is a great lens, but spend the extra $80-100 and get canon. You will not regret it!
BTW if anyone wants a good deal on a Sigma 15mm let me know ;)

Lance

We tested out the difference between the Sigma and the Canon 15mm. The Canon has just a tiny biy less "curveture" on the edges of the picture. And maybe a tiny hair faster the auto focus.
If you guys going to compare lenses make sure your camera settings are exactly the same, including auto focus mode (AI-servo, One shot, or AI focus) and use RAW files. If you're using JPG, the picture settings needed to be matched as well (sharpness, saturation, contrast etc...) otherwise the cameras will process different images
There's one negative thing about the Sigma 15mm,
when you using manual focus the numbers are missleading on the focus ring.
-Laszlo- www.laszloimage.com
I used the Sigma for the attached files (auto focus, having the Sun in the back ground!!!)

very nice! if that is the sigma, i don't think anyone can rightfully complain about quality.

I agree. It seems like the differences are somewhat negligible when you get right down to it. I think I've almost convinced myself to go with the Sigma 15mm.