airborne82nd

lens is foggy up in the middle of the picture

i have a round lightly cloudy foggy circle in the center of my videos the last 5 i have done. Florida has high humidity right, but in 2 years i havent had this problem.

i have a hc 40 sony and a .5 kenco wide angle i tape up all over with gafers tape anny sugestions???

using an anti fog or a seal around the lens or what???

getting that close up of the tandem video and its foggy sucks.

now i know when i open at 3000 it happens on the outside but, i wipe that off

thanks for the input

Do you have a filter on the lens? If its truely airtight then any moisture in the air that is trapped between the lens can condense to moiusture at a fast enough temperature change.

There are lots of methods to get moisture out of lenses, look up on google to get an idea how photo pros do it.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I shoot a .3 royal single element lense. Sounds like you need to spin the lense off as soon as you land ,you have fog on the camera itself i would say. wipe it asap when you land . Going thru the deployment altitude will give some problems when its humid

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

I also keep my cameras outside in the weather of the day. I try NOT to take it inside where it is air conditioned or heated (I think this may cut down on the change of temp the WILL happen from gnd to air, which causes condesation (bad Spelling)). I also try to point the lens at the sun as much as possible, I think (no facts) that this helps keep the moisture down that may be between the lenses. I also DO NOT remove the lenses that much (which I think introduces moisture and dust between them).

Just my 2 cents :S

Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

its funny its not the whole lens it is a small circle on the tv thats cloudy happens after i exit and around say 8000 ft thats when it starts.

then it goes away on the ground.

so is it the camera lens?? or the inside of the .5 wife angle?? do i need to tape it up more then i do????

i wish i knew which lens is fogging

It might be in between the elements of the lense itself .But i've been there before to with my old turd lenses .This why i say buy a royal lense .3 it is a single element of glass low profile .You can zoom it to your liking and manual focus it .works perfectly for me .

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

I have the exact same issue with a TRV22 and a Sony lens. It started when we got a stretch of hot and humid days and the camera was kept locked up in a trailer.

Cleaning, taping, and/or removing the lens did little to alleviate the issue.

I take the tape out, leave the tape door open and put it out in the sun to air out for a while and the problem goes away.

SkydiveAllegan.com

As some have indicated, the round circle is forming between the elements of the lens. It forms as you climb out and the lens is exposed the cold air at altitude, as you come through freefall the lens warms and the circle goes away. You can more than likely duplicate it if you sit near the door on the ride up and hold you lens in the cold air stream coming through the door. After a few minutes of cooling, take a look into the lens and through the view finder, I bet you see the circle. It will more than likely get worse the more jumps you do in a single day as the lens goes through hot and cold cycles.

The only way I fixed it, was buying a single element lens.

Make sure you keep it outside in the current conditions. Gaffers tape around the lens attachment points does help, a d-box, and use cat crap. I haven't had an issue at all since I started using it. I can even go through some (cough) fog and have no problems. I use it on my still camera also. I did take the wide angle off and coated the original lens with the cat crap too. Michigan has some high humidity issues also. In the spring and fall there is a rather large temperature change when you exit at altitude which can cause condensation issues too.
Just my 2 cents.
BS,
Sue

i have a round lightly cloudy foggy circle in the center of my videos the last 5 i have done. Florida has high humidity right, but in 2 years i havent had this problem.