shaggio

Sony HC96 and box?

So, my PC 101 is giving me a C:31 error. Owners manual says it is a problem I can fix myself by simply taking the battery and tape out and putting them back in. Naturally this causes problems when it happens as your about to exit!!!!

So, I am thinking about upgrading to a Sony HC96. Who's using them for skydiving out there? What kind of box are you using? I dont see a box listed under bonehead or cookie composites.

Any help or opinions would be appreciated!!!

I am using HC90, I assume dimensions are fairly similar to HC96 (it is a followup model).

I have encountered very few other people using this same camera. I am using mine in a Bonehead TRV 19/22/23 box (and a modified HC40 condom) which works as they say on their page. I am probably going to build my own custom box soon...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

received an email back from Cookie composites that said they are 8+ weeks out for developing a box for this camera. Bonehead has not replied back to me yet.

The hc 90 and the hc 96 do have different dimensions.

I also emailed www.rimworldvideo.com
to see if they can help.

Will keep everyone updated.

Received a message from Linda at bonehead that said she thought that the TRV 19,22,33 box would fit and if it didnt I could return it. However, that would leave me without a box and I dont want to fly it that way.

I am still skeptical that it will fit.

HC 90 fits in this box and its.

2 5/8th x 3 5/8th x 4 3/8th

HC 96 is

2 7/8th x 3 5/8ths x 4 3/4ths

Box is

2.75 x 4.0 x 4.125

To me it looks like it is just a bit too wide and about a half an inch to long.

Can anyone else confirm this?

For those of you out there using the hc 90 and the TRV box, how much room is left in the box?

There is a bit of length and width leeway in my TRV box. It's hard to say exactly what it is, but I think you MAY be just on the borderline of being ok. Only one way to find out.

I have a bunch of business cards shimming the width of my box, so there may be an extra 1/4" there. And there is some leeway in the length (MAYBE 1/2") too but I just put my camera in the center and when I close the top it holds it tight.

Bonehead says you can use this for sidemount and I know of a few people out there who do, but for me it looked way too wide so I topmounted. I don't even like the idea of sidemounting, now that I'm used to topmounting.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

According to sony

HC96 dimensions

Measurements: 2 7/8 x 3 5/8 x 4 3/4"

Bonehead D-Box

D-BOX
for PC Style cameras & PC 1000

Measurements:
A: 3.65" B: 4.75" C: 3"

Seems pretty close to me.

You have to look at which dimensions those #'s actually correspond to. The PC1000 box you are referring to, I can guarantee will NOT fit an HC96 properly. If all 3 numbers happen to match up, and you can fit the HC96 in there because of it, well then the lens will be pointing straight up at the sky and the access door. The HC96 and PC1000 have RADICALLY different aspect ratios. You are matching the depth of the box with the height of the camera, and vice-versa.

The only box which has a chance of working is the TRV one I mentioned earlier.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com