High-Quality Wide Angle

I just purchased an HC-1, and I'm now shopping for some high-quality glass for the front of it. In particular, I'm looking for a .42 with little or no vignetting. I've checked Century, and they have .3's and .5's, but no .42's. Kenko has .42's, but they definitly aren't high enough quality to shoot HD. Does anyone know where I might find something?

Thanks,

One of the guys at my dz got a HC-1 and tested all sorts of lenses and decided that the only way to get the best footage out of that camera was not to use any.

If you look at the quality difference even on a normal camera between a wide angle and no wide angle.. it's there.. but not significant..
Now put that same wide angle on the HD camera and all of a sudden your footage is only as good as the average regular camcorder, just because of the lens.

I am buying one later this season, and I am planning on shooting without a wide angle when I use the HD camera.

Intresting...

Do you know what kind of lenses he tested ?

What is he mainly filming ? FF , RW , Tandem ?

He films everything. I am not sure which lenses he tested but I'll find out..
His thinking behind this is that the optics on the camera have been optimized for image quality the way they are right now (without a wide angle) so why mess with it?
All you really need to do is fly back a bit further so you don't cut arms and legs off in your video, and you have to pay more attention to keeping your head dead still, since camera shake will be more visible without a wide angle..

I started flying my TRV17 without one on funjumps to get used to the distance I need to fly to fill the frame without a wide angle (I use a .5)

Iwan