JohnRet

Stroboframe Mounting

I have a Cookie helmet, the Mxv....

And a stroboframe to mount my stills.

The trouble is, the flat-top on the cookie isn't wide enough to fit my stroboframe. I don't want anything hanging over the edges of the flat-top.

So does anyone use their stroboframe mounted lengthways?

Or has anyone got a solution to this, any other ideas?

Cheers.:)

The trouble is, the flat-top on the cookie isn't wide enough to fit my stroboframe. I don't want anything hanging over the edges of the flat-top.

Just an observation - if the flat surface is as narrow as you say, won't your still camera be "hanging over the edges" no matter what you do? (i.e. even if you put the strobo longways) If it bothers you that much, mount the strobo plate then fill the gaps with triangles of foam, and gaffers tape them in place maybe?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I mounted my still camera lengthwise on a stroboframe on my first camera helmet, an Aviator LT.

It works. But if your not going to be using your still camera that much, consider just using a thumbscrew to attach the camera directly to the helmet.

To be honest I have fitted about 3 stroboframes to Cookie helmets and have never had any issues (not to say shit doesn't happen).

If you are concerned then replace it or, as suggested before, put the screw through the bottom. Or buy something else :P.

I have done all of the above and really it is personal preference.

Bryn
Journey not destination.....