ojf1982

How to clear a step-thru

I brought my canopy home unpacked to work on my packing techniques, but I seem to have put a step-thru and cant seem to undo it. What is the proper procedure for removing a step thru? I cant tell which way I need to throw the canopy towards.
The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over - Hunter S. Thompson

Stretch out the lines. Then, flip the container all the way over once. Remember which way you flipped it. Walk up the lines and see if the step-through is still there.

If it is, then flip the container the OTHER way TWICE. Then walk up the lines again and the step-through should be gone.

This is supposed to work, but often doesn't. :$

Skydiving is for cool people only

Lay the canopy out and see if the step through is above or below the slider. Then follow Jessica's directions flipping the rig through the lines below the slider if the step through is there or above the slider if the step through is there.

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

:)Ocassionally I give packing instructions and get great pleasure out of messing up the continuity of the suspension lines via flip-throughs and other nasty tricks, then watching the person come to terms. Untangling your lines is a good thing to learn and makes for great entertainment on a rainy day at the DZ. It is also standard repertoire for anyone wanting to become a rigger. Getting involved with your equipment can only help you understand it, just make sure someone qualified is there to back you up, as sometimes the lines can be so messed up, that disconnecting the risers from your rig is easier and faster in clearing the problem.;)

and learn from your mistake! Daisy chain your lines. The best time to do this is as soon as you land and are clear of the landing area and it's hazards (other jumpers).
It takes a few seconds to daisy chain, and can save you hours of frustration.

www.sidsrigging.com
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Stretch out the lines.
Go to the tail. Garb a steering line in each hand and walk them down towards the harness, forcing the problem down as you go. Once you have forced the twist/problem down to riser level, it will be obvious from the twist in the risers.
I prefer this technique because it is much easier to flip a harness around than an entire canopy.

Stretch out the lines.
Go to the tail. Garb a steering line in each hand and walk them down towards the harness, forcing the problem down as you go. Once you have forced the twist/problem down to riser level, it will be obvious from the twist in the risers.
I prefer this technique because it is much easier to flip a harness around than an entire canopy.

This is how I was tought and it makes it a WHOLE lot easier B|