Alanaos

Images and video needed

Hi

I'm setting up a website and need some decent images of skydiving (all disciplines) to use on it. If anyone has any they wouldn't mind me using can you please send them to [email protected]

Also looking for decent images of other extreme sports so if you have any good-uns send those too.

I'm happy to give credits and links to your sites but can't afford to pay for images at the moment.

Many thanks!!!

Alana

Hi

I'm setting up a bank account and need some decent money (all demoniations) to use on it. If anyone has any they wouldn't mind me using can you please send they to me?

I'm also looking for decent currency of other monetary systems so if you have any good-uns send those too.

I'm happy to give credits and links to your sites but can't afford to pay you loans at the moment.

Many thanks!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, now that I have that out of my system . . .

Why is it that people feel that they can ask photographers for FREE stuff, but they probably would never ask (ok they might ask but probably wouldn't get) free services of a packer or rigger or . . .
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I think I have figured PART of it out. Example: if someone makes a book, the photos are usually the only part of that book that are already done. The layout needs DOING, the printing need DOING, the text needs WRITTEN, the photos ,often times, are DONE. Thats the only thing I can figure out that sort of makes sense. -Tony
My O.C.D. has me chasing a dream my A.D.D. won't let me catch.

so if i(fiktive) would give you some stills n video but find out that you actualy makes a web about somthing i dont agree whith then im stuck whith my stuff on your site which i then dont want there.. you really need to tell people more about it or you get nothing..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Well at least I have the decency to ask. Most people would simply take your images and stick two fingers up at you in the process.

Well, there we'd have some legal recourse. At least in the U.S. it's a crime -- it's called stealing. Whereas what you're suggesting is really not really a crime, because if somebody does give you a photo to use it's their own decision, but in any case it certainly is asking for something and giving nothing in return.

I don't really have all that much of a beef with you asking, even though I think it's a little rude, but I do have a question about the entire concept of asking for professional services to be rendered for "free".

My usual suggestion for anyone that really wants "free" photos is for them to simply go take them themselves.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Well, you've been asked many times here on the forums (you double poted) what your intentions are for the pictures. I've PMed you as well. But you've chosen not to anser any queries. This leads me and most others to believe your intentions are less than honorable ... ie 1-800-skyride.:(:P

Firstly (and I'm replying to everyone here), there's nothing rude about asking (politley) if anyone has any pictures they wouldn't mind being used.

Secondly I've never stated that the pictures need to be professional so to those of you who are getting your knickers in a twist thinking that I want to use your services for free I say simply 'don't send me any then!'

Thirdly I've only just picked up my IM's. Funnily enough I don't spend my entire life in front of the computer.

Fourthly. So f**king what if I posted my request on here more than once? I wanted as many people to see it as possible and I've had some really nice, polite people get back to me.

Fithly I live in the UK and don't even know what 0800-skyride is. The purpose of my site is for people who are into the sport to be able to meet other people with similar interestes.

And lastly don't tell me that Dropzone.com already does that because I'm not talking about the same thing.

If you don't like the idea of me using your images then don't send me any. I never said you'd get nothing out of it as I'm more than happy to give credit where it's due and add links to other sites. I'm just not rolling in cash at the moment and trying to start a business from scratch isn't the easiest thing in the world to do. I was hoping for a little support from those who share the same passion as me but all you guys have done so far is waste your time (and mine - I ve had to read your unhelpful posts) having a go at me.

I fully appreciate that you're professional camera men/women and had you emailed me and stated you have images but they are for sale only we could have maybe discussed things further (depending onthe quality of your work). You chose not to do that.

Rant over.