windinmyface

recommendations for video editing workstation.

I'm looking for some recommendations for a few of the hardware components. I'll be building a PC based system simply because I know PCs and I already have the software and some of the hardware.

1. Planning on dual P4 processors and 2GB memory - enough?

2. Good internal DVD burner?

3. Good video card to go with Premier Pro v1.5?

4. Any other general input is welcome.

Thanks All!

-----
I am Dyslexia of Borg, futility is resistant, your ass will be laminated.

Purchase as much disk space as you can, and at least have to seperate disks, one should have you applications installed, and the other should be used to store your media.
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....

:P

Just make sure you have BIIIIIIG Harddrive(s) at good high speeds (7200 rpm) or buy a nice array of seperate firewire harddrives..

Diskspace is your friend...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

uy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....Buy a mac...no buy a PC.....

exzacary....and LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF HD space!!!!

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Thanks for the input. I'm taking to heart the suggestions for a good disk system. So far I've decided on.

Dual Xeon 3.4G, 2G RAM, 80G system drive, 2 X 160G SATA, RAID0 AV drives.

I'm still up in the air about a capture card. If I go with Premier Pro, I'll probably want the Matrox RTX100 Extreme. I'm also considering Pinnacle Liquid Edition. I understand Pinnacle has integrated DVD authoring and renders in background, while Premier (with the Matrox) can render real-time but then has to be DVD authored? Can anybody who's familiar with both of these NLE's comment?

-----
I am Dyslexia of Borg, futility is resistant, your ass will be laminated.