velocityphoto

IMAGE SOFTWEAR FOR MAC??

Any one have any idea's about image softwear to use with mac for uploading and protecting images from those little thieves on the web? I found batch image softwear but its not for mac.
Thanks Lonnie

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

What, exactly, are you trying to do?

It is difficult to stop a person from stealing an image posted on a web site if they have even a small amount of intelligence and can operate the "print screen" key of their computer.

If you're trying to "watermark" your images (place your name across them) that's helpful, but then it turns off customers.

If you're trying to do something that prevents people from taking one of your stills, scanning it and then using it however they want; that's also pretty tough.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Flash images can be yoinked.

I work for Apple, so I'll be able to give you the answers you need... just ask the question in a coherent and complete manner and I'll get back to you. It will not be difficult to find software that fits your needs properly, particularly considering that Macs are so much more popular than PCs in the graphic industry.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Need to load photo's to my web site, organize them by dates and event titles .Size them so they ar'nt so easily swiped from there.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

The Gallery suggestion is a good one. With regards to keeping your photos safe... there isn't a way. Photos can be saved from any webpage, even if they're embedded in flash.

What you want to do to keep your work safe is to make the photos undesirably small (less than 600-800 pixels wide) and to watermark the bejeezus out of them. The only other option is to create a password protected site that you only give out to trustworthy folks... but that defeats the purpose of a website in the first place.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.