do6151

DV video How to get a still pic

Im using adobe premier pro and affter effects 6.5. Does anyone know how i can get a still pic and save it as a JPEG. I cant figure it out. \

I have created a cool little film and there are a couple of frames that i would like to freeze and make a jpeg out of it. If anyone can help i would be appreciated

ooo... from memory it's in "file"... "export"... "frame" or something like that.

It's in there somewhere... you get to export the frame your marker is currently on as a jpeg or a number of other options just as if you were saving an image file from a paint program.

A good tip would then be to open it with psp or photoshop or whatever you have and de-interlace it. This will improve the quality greatly to the point you can even get ok small prints from it.

there's an easier way to deinterlace within premiere. before doing any of this, save your project so that it's easier to revert to what it looked like before.

1. position the edit line on the frame you want to make into a still

2. push "c" on the keyboard to choose the razor tool

3. click on the edit line and then click about a second further down the timeline. (you have now cut your clip into 3 pieces, with the desired frame at the in point of the middle piece)

4. push "v" on the keyboard to choose the arrow tool

5. right click on the newly created segment and choose video options, frame hold.

6. choose hold on inpoint, hold filters, and deinterlace.

7. render a preview of the new segment

8. position the edit line in the middle of the new segment and export a frame as directed by the previous poster.

you're done, without having to use photoshop. now of course, if you want to retouch yourself to look awesomer, you're still gonna need photoshop, but that's a different issue.

woooooooooow MUCH easier way to do it than the 2nd post. It's correct what was said in the first reply, but there is just a simple box to check to de interlace

(Edit: I opened the program to get the proper words)

Pick the frame you wan and press CRTL-SHIFT-M

This opens the export fram box. Click on settings, that'll open a new box, then on the left pick Keyframe and Rendering.

Put a check in the box to deinterlace then click OK

From the save as/export screen name the file followed by .jpg and you're good to go
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

I think using Photoshop to deinterlace gives you a superior still to what you get in Premiere....
just my opinion
Do it enough using PS to deinterlace is just as quick ( if not quicker) than doing it within Premiere

woooooooooow MUCH easier way to do it than the 2nd post. It's correct what was said in the first reply, but there is just a simple box to check to de interlace

(Edit: I opened the program to get the proper words)

Pick the frame you wan and press CRTL-SHIFT-M

This opens the export fram box. Click on settings, that'll open a new box, then on the left pick Keyframe and Rendering.

Put a check in the box to deinterlace then click OK

From the save as/export screen name the file followed by .jpg and you're good to go

I tried that method before I used my method--it didn't always properly deinterlace for me for some reason. hence I used the method I describe.