jtval

picture in picture

ok Question for ya Dragon,

how did you fade the splt screen into anoother split screen? IE you had two screen fadeinto 4 screens.

also how do you get one of those screen to expand to full screen?

I.E. lets say I have four videos going on and I want to take the top left video and expand it to fill the screen. how do you do that? is that done in premeire or do you need a different program?
My photos

My Videos

You use keyframes. Most (not all though) video effects have the option to put in keyframes, this looks something like <.> on the right side of the effect in Monitor - Effect Controls. The dot in the middle puts in a new keyframe. Top right is also a button that's either >> or << this is for showing or hiding the clip timeline with your keyframes. In this case have it visible.

You can change the settings of an effect in between these keyframes. So, in this case, you'd have 4 clips, on top of each other in the timeline, all scaled to 25% and re-positioned so they're next to each other instead of on top of each other in the clip. Now add a keyframe to the clip that's topmost in the timeline (make sure that that's the video you want, ie in this case that one should be top left in the clip), where you want the effect-change to start from, and add another keyframe where you want it to end, and set the scale to 100%. Now do the same for the position effect (go to the exact same positions as the scale keyframes by using the 2 arrows next to the dot).

hope this makes sense ;)

edited to add pic...

ciel bleu,
Saskia

The fading is easier, I just crossfaded both clips into 4, making sure the 2 "half crossfades" are the exact same length as the 2 crossfades that are actually between 2 clips.

At least that's what I should've done, for some reason now that I look back I ended up with 5 timelines instead of 4... Never mind, outcome is the same. See pic. 1 clip into 2 into 4.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Thank you a million times for explaining how to adjust the size and position in adobe premier.

Man I couldnt figure it out for a whole year that I had the program. your quick discription totally unlocked my ability to create video the way I was hoping to!

thanks for the tutorial.

So I finally got to the point that I understand it. :D
I was working with the printout that you typed up and I was LUCKING my way through it for a while but now BAMMM I got it.

one thing that may help anyone who is trying the same effect is inorder to get the little keyframes to appear you have to open the scale or position adjust
then hit the little button that I highlighted on the attachment.
My photos

My Videos