tputterman

Safire1 With Mod Opening problems

her safire outer A lines are about 2" to 2 1/2" out of trim.

Is that in relation to the inner A lines? (i.e. inner A lines are 2-2 1/2" longer than the outer A lines) Cause if that is true her canopy may be closer to 4-5 inches out of trim total. (the inner a lines shrink also)
Fly it like you stole it!

Is that in relation to the inner A lines? (i.e. inner A lines are 2-2 1/2" longer than the outer A lines) Cause if that is true her canopy may be closer to 4-5 inches out of trim total. (the inner a lines shrink also)

well, it's kind of weird. it's in relation to the other A lines. they are all pretty much even, and then the outer A's are about 2 to 2 1/2 shorter.

at first i thought it was just the trim of the canopy, but when i checked 2 other safires, with vectran (which has very minimal, to none, shrinking or streching) it was way off.

later

The mod doesn't affect the front risers pressure or recovery arch at all. It is done to the upper controle lines only, no other lines are touched, so the canopy reacts exactly the same during front riser turns. Well as long as your steering lines are long enough to not deflect the tail when you pull down on your fronts.

Relining with the complete safire2 line trim will give you a shorter recovery arch and I think a bit higher front risers pressure since they change the trim on all the lines not just the steering lines. I have heard several complaints from people use to the safire1 recovery arch who sent their safire in for a reline and it came back with a 2 lineset. :S I have also heard from people who wanted the 2 lineset and were much happier with it rather than the 1. So I guess choose your poison.[/reply

Guys,
It would be very difficult to install the Safire II line Set on a Safire I. There are 20 line attachments on a Safire I and only 16 on a Safire II, also they are totally different trim and line lengths.
The Safire I and II are just completely different canopies!

Blue ones,
MEL

Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

Guys,
It would be very difficult to install the Safire II line Set on a Safire I. There are 20 line attachments on a Safire I and only 16 on a Safire II, also they are totally different trim and line lengths.

:D:D:D:D

so what, you mean you can't have those 4 line attachments just alone with no line??? damnit:P:D:D

later

Guys,

:D:D:D:D

so what, you mean you can't have those 4 line attachments just alone with no line??? damnit:P:D:D

later

I mean there is no way you could fly it------ I would still have it hanging and looking for the last 4 lines somewhere in the loft!!!!!!!!!!

MEL

Guys,

I have seen Safire1's with a new line set with upper control lines of different lengths, similar to my mod. I know of at least 2 lofts that have or do use my mod, without asking me.

Hook

Guys,

I have seen Safire1's with a new line set with upper control lines of different lengths, similar to my mod. I know of at least 2 lofts that have or do use my mod, without asking me.

Hook

Hook,
Which 2 would that be? I know it is not my shop as I have told you before we have removed many mods off canopies that you have done and out of the three that we did with your mod measurements, only one elected to keep it. We do offer a Safire II type upper contol system to our customers, but the measurements are not as "aggressive" at the outside attachment point.
As far as canopies upper control lines that are similar to "your mod". There are many canopies that use that concept and had been using it well before you came up with your computations, i.e. Triathalon rev.4, Stiletto, Viper, Cobalt, Crossfire, Sabre1 190-230 etc.
The big Sabres were actually the first which I saw that used longer inside control lines to ease the openings. A good concept in the early ZP years!
Blue ones,
MEL

I have told you before we have removed many mods off canopies that you have done

Why didn't they send them back to us to put the stock trim back on? They would have gotten thier money back + shipping since it was a money back guarantee.

But that's right....your shop used to do the mod, until Derek contacted Simon about it. >:(
Fly it like you stole it!

I have told you before we have removed many mods off canopies that you have done

Why didn't they send them back to us to put the stock trim back on? They would have gotten thier money back + shipping since it was a money back guarantee.

But that's right....your shop used to do the mod, until Derek contacted Simon about it. >:(

The canopies were sent in for a complete reline and the customers wanted the canopy back to the original configuration;)
As a matter of fact I recieved one Monday, Safire 139, S/N -94613289 that is to be returned to stock trim. Check your records...........;)!

Now as far as the Simon thing, We have never talked about not doing Dereks mod in any manner, just ask him.It is a very moot point anyway, we simply do not want and will not do them according to Dereks formula.>:(

You guys have the shop number, call us if you have any further concerns.

MEL