CDergins

The NEW! Samsung SCX105L

Okay. I'm not a super experienced skydiver or anything but I went and bought the Samsung SCX105L and I jumped with it. Here are my results.

:)Size. Small and compact both the main unit and the external unit.
External unit does have auto focusing.
Easy to use for general purposes.
Cool colors.

[:/]Bads:
Too many steps to take to use the external camera (5+ steps)
No light filters at all.
Can not install alternate lenses.
Battery life very weak.
Downloaded video plays very dark.
Audio/Video input is very dark as well, sometimes.
Codecs download from Samsung.com is worthless.
Customer service was no help either.

All in all I gave the camera a 4 out of 10. It's just more of a pain in the a*s. I loved the slender and lightweight design but the video quality sucked as did the downloading.
This is just my opinon. Take it for what it's worth. Some people might really like this camera but I for one did not.

Thanks,
CD

"I need more cowbell!"
Have fun!

You forgot the best thing about the SCX105L: The babe in the Parachutist ads!

Indeed. Unfortunately she is not yet listed in the options offered by Samsung [:/]. Nevertheless, I have put my name to be first in the list to test the beta version as soon as she is launched. Samsung promises she'll be plug and play :D:ph34r::)

Hispas Brothers President
HISPA #2,

CDergins, did you use autofocusing and automatic exposure when you did the filming? I mean, that could be the reason for dark video. What camera you previously jumped?

I was thinking of buying a bulletcam when i remembered this Samsung Sports Cam. I don't care about the low battery life and also i have my laptop always with me at the dropzone so it's quite ok if i can record only 22 minutes onto 1GB (There's a SCX110L model also that has 1GB integrated + if I put in an additional 1GB I can record about 44 minutes) The most important is the image quality the second is the size. The problem with regular bulletcams is that they require an external battery pack to operate. If I keep my current PC101 camera and buy additional bulletcam I know I will get a good quality, but this setup takes a lot of space and is not very comfortable to wear ( on the belly ).

Can you check what's the resolution of the included bulletcam? and is it a wide angle?

since we both jump at AE, check out my bulletcam next time we are both around. Especially the quality of the vids - it's almost the same as the real DV camcorders, and I would guess it's almost the same amount of steps to hook it up...

It is definitely not a wide angle and currently you can't add a wide angle either. I couldn't find any information about the resolution. When I called Samsung they gave me the impression that the camera would not do well in extreme conditions. Then why create it? I don't think people are going to walk around with a camera on their head just while recording their kids soccer game.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Have fun!