ast4711

PC330 vertical shadows

Hi there,

I bought a used PC330 for skydiving. The cam is perfect shape and showes no obvious damage.
However, what really disturbs me are vertical shadows when looking against light. In the attached Image these violett shadows are easily visible below the windows.
The image is taken with a .5 with skylight1B but the effect is also visible without any additional optics.
I realized that the shadows are only visible when using sports-mode with a higher shutter speed. All other modes are unaffected.

Is this common to the PC330/350 or could this be repaired?

Blue skies,
alex

--
www.tandemmaster.net
www.skydivegear.de

the way it looks to me is that it's "tearing" where the light is strong. with the iris opened to expose the inside of the plane properly the light coming in through the windows is overexposed & over loading the sensor. you get the same thing when you happen to get any other strong light source like the sun with consumer grade CCDs.
matt

thanks for all replies...

I have to see what the results are using the standard-mode (sport-mode gave me some great shots with my pc3), and maybe you will find the camera on ebay someday :-/

alex

--
www.tandemmaster.net
www.skydivegear.de