StevePhelps

Sales pitch for videos

I hate making a sales pitch to tandems and AFF students for video. Although I must be good at it as about 80% of them buy a video. However, I have come up with an alternative that was fun. I let my altar ego, One-Eyed Jack, from DZcomic, do the talking for me. I couldn't help but steal Andy Frey's Monkey Cam's, "smell the digital" phrase, as it was too good to pass up.

Jack's sales pitch

What do you think?

hey dude can you send me a copy of that so i can show tandems..I will gladly pay you send it via cassette or dvd thanks
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

nothing as of yet..... Man cool video though. Wish i was smart instead i got looks and a huge.........fill in the blank
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Any thoughts on a video sales presentation that involves actual video?

Also, maybe keep the positive spin going. Terms like 'shell' out' reference to the payment might be out of place.

On the upside, you may have a future working on Late Night with Conan O'Brien.

Any thoughts on a video sales presentation that involves actual video?

Been there done that. This only precedes the video presentation we do.

Also, maybe keep the positive spin going. Terms like 'shell' out' reference to the payment might be out of place.

I see your point, but two things. #1 Its meant to be "funny" #2 Anybody who thinks skydiving isn't expensive from the get go is clueless. I sell video to 80+% of all tandems and of those I sell another 80+% additional stills and or DVD, so I guess it is working. Thanks for the input though.:)

So far I have only been showing them the raw handi-mount footage after the jump. About 30% buy.
I will freely admit to not being a great salesman and am often too busy dressing the next load to give a full-blown sales pitch.

One factor that helps is that I usually "spec" the big guys - with big wallets, while the younger outside videographers prefer to "spec" the cute chicks - with big boobs.
I sell more videos than them.
Hee!
Hee!

Do you have any more advice guys?????

One factor that helps is that I usually "spec" the big guys - with big wallets, while the younger outside videographers prefer to "spec" the cute chicks - with big boobs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the outside videographers get a free slot in the plane to spec tandem vids at the Meadows (so long as there is a slot available of course)? I'll take a free jump with a cute, well-endowed girl anyday...

As to the original question, we just plug in a sample DVD for the tandem customers to watch as they're filling out waivers, and if possible, at least one of us will hang out in manifest to pitch it a little. I find they really buy into how awesome it would be to have someone flying in front of them to give them the "flying perspective."

We sell lots...

Canuck

Do you have any more advice guys?????

-----------

We sell hc- video - or photos or the package which if they do buy the package they get a free t-shirt , I think the t-shirt costs or company $2:50 AU,.

After I meet my passanger and make a relationship with them,
I will ask the passanger / student {not punter}
"If they have e-mail"?
cause if they do I say
"GREAT they can e-mail their friends & family straight away a photo of them skydiving over Oz,
& they can go to the nearest internet cafee,"
{As Cairns oz is a very touristy town & there freinds and family are usually on the othere side of the world}whilst pointing to them pictures of previously well placed photos of handycams.

Then I say,,,
"they can purchase the 40 or so pictures or video I shot after they jump & there will be no presure to purchase them."

At this point you will tell allot by there peply or body attitude, If the monitary or lack of it comes out ,
I stop there & reply with a great smile and say,
"No worries lets have a great jump."
And leave the glove behind,,,

BUT, if I read the body language correct or, if they hessitate in there answer posatively,I will reasure them about there is no preasure to purchase the video and say,
" That I will take it up with me anyway."
But,, Again,
I want to be confident in my assesment,{If I see a negative} I might say
"If you know you don't want the video, I won't take it"

{ Have I confused you yet}

At this point you will knowif you have a sale or not.

My hit rate is about 97% maybe more.
After taking my glove with me,,,Also showing them a few well taken shots.

I knowof people who take it on EVERY tandem and say
"they like wearing thier glove"
to thier passangers.
And by them doing this they never miss out on a potential sale or should I say "the passanger never miss out on getting there adventure captured."

Another thing,,,
I don't really know if this helps,
I seem to, I think.
I have this really cool exit shot photo on the wall that I piont to and remind my passanger to look at the camera when they leave the aircraft and they can have a great photo simmilar to the one I am pointing too.
See picture attatchment

After opening the canopy I sometime say{Sincerley of course},
"Man there's gonna be some great shots there" With a little laugh,,

If any of this is usefull and would like to no more, e-mail me and I will unload, I have done lots of courses on up-selling and stuff.

-
-
;)
-
-
"LIFE IS GOOD - LIVE IT"
There's a little bit of EveL Knievel in all of us.

##@&^%$##(&*%

I have some sort upload problem with uploading pics,
For some reason the photo exceds the maximum size of 120KB,
I seen pics way bigger than this as attatchments,
How do I resize it omn my mac / I photo.
The current size Is 170KB--
Ok I worked it out , but I had to crop it wich really sucks cause it cuts the pic down .
Anyway this is the pic I piont to to show my passangers,-------------------------------------------

B|
-
-
"LIFE IS GOOD - LIVE IT"
There's a little bit of EveL Knievel in all of us.