NSEMN8R

Connecting pc105 to TV?

I got this pc105. It's a really nice camera, but everything on it is in Japanese. I've been playing with it for a couple of days and haven't had any problems figuring it out until this morning I wanted to plug it into the TV. The normal spot where you'd plug in an AV cable isn't there. It's got usb, firewire, lanc... everything you'd expect it to have except that one (mini rca I think it's called?).

There is a spot marked AV, but I've never seen a plug like it. I've attached pics of all the ports on it. Can anybody tell me what I need to plug this into the regular red/white/yellow on a TV or VCR?

Thanks for the help.
Tony

The a/v cable is a weird D-shaped plug. It goes in between the red hole and the blue hole in your first photo.

Here's that url again

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=VMC15FS&Dept=cameras&CategoryName=acc_DIAccessories_i%2eLINKCables

Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video

Ya, i've been using the 105 for about a year now. I love everything about the camera, but that plug is the most annoying thing I have ever experienced. The TV's at most dropzones have av cables ready to plug into your camera...and of course...my camera doesn't use the little mini plug like most sonys...its got that little d thing so you have to actually remove those cables and use your own from teh back of the TV. Friggin annoying.

Cheers,
Travis

Thanks for the info guys. I just bought one on ebay for $16.

This is going to be a pain in the ass having to get behind the VCR and take off their cable to plug mine in every time I need to edit. Then have to switch them back for the next guy.

Thanks again everybody. I appreciate the help.

Tony

:)Attach one to each of your yellow red and white ends on the cable coming from the camera.

Now... when you go to an edit station,, or a TV screen which has AV cables on it.. you simply mate up the OTHER female end of your coupler to the male ends coming outta the tv or vcr or editing deck... The couplers are less than 3 dollars each...
Then no fussing with pulling out existing cables etc etc. B| and no having to mess around with someone elses set up..

sure thing... only I got to thinking and if the "community" video station is set up with cable which has only the 'one pin jack' then these couplers won't be compatible.... >:(>:(
So instead get an older AV cable , preferably a SIX footer,,,, and run it around behind your monitor or recorders and plug it in...Then put the couplers at the other end,,, ( out where they are accessible ) and they will mate with anyone's cables... I'm looking at this like a person arrives with their own camera AND outgoing cable right ????? most all of which have RCA jacks to feed into a screen.,,Only now they just plug into the couplers....
IF you'd rather feed video via S connector jacks. then you'd have to figure that out... but for quick viewing and de-briefs at a station where NO ONE should be yanking cables
or making " adjustments ".. this sort of video/cable set up might work...