FunkFly

RAWA and FF2

Before anyone jumps you, I will give you some advise. DO A SEARCH. This topic has been covered extensively. Because your new here I'll toss ya a bone ;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I don't have any personal experience with the RAWA, though I've seen a lot of them and heard nothing but wonderful things about them. I especially like their double holed box so you can flip your camera. If it wasn't for the fact that they only use chin cups, I'd probably own one.

As for the FF2, that I know a bunch about. The upsides are that it's super sleek and super safe. You can run a line around the back of the helmet and it's very difficult to snag, even when you're trying to. This feature makes it practically ideal for newer camera flyers (especially if you're a freeflyer). The downsides are the price, the fit (not always perfect, you can't really have a skinny face/chinline for it to fit right), and the fact that the box cannot be adjusted for angle (not sure if the RAWA is adjustable or not either). IMHO, it's also kind of an ugly looking helmet, but that really depends on who's wearing it. If you're looking for a helmet with which you can get away with sloppy body position on opening, the FF2 is a good helmet for it, but there are also obvious downsides.

Just remember that there is no "perfect" helmet. You need to find what works for YOU.

Hope this helps. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

I have a RAWA and love it. I love the way it fits and it feels real balanced on my head. I have a PC-330 in the box. I dont have any experience with the FF2. My previous set up was a Bonehead Mindwarp with a D-box. It was kinda bulky with a large snag area where the box mounted to the helmet. I have nothing but good things to say about the RAWA.

You dont't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when.......You can only decide how you're going to live........NOW.
-BASE 1605 Night BASE 227

Kinda like WrongWay...no experience with the RAWA...but I just got my FF2 in today and I am very impressed with it. Fit is great, very comfy...can't wait to jump it tomorrow. If I can I'll post some pics of it on here.

Oh, and not sure if this is a new thing on the FF2 but I can change the angle of the camera inside the box...looks to be about a 30 degree or so change from one extreme to another.

Hope this helps...
Miami

I don't know anyone who doesn't like their Cookie helmet, and I've asked 10-15 folks.

The only person I know who doesn't like their Fibre Zone helmet ordered the holes in the box cut for the wrong camera (:S). Cameron, who runs Fibre Zone, offered to fix it for free, but the customer in question has been too lazy to hand back his helmet. So, it's his own bloody fault :P. Everyone else I know loves them, and I know a lot of people with them.

No info about the RAWA, but man do I love my FF2!!

Here are some shots of it, enjoy :)

Arvel

Your....uhmmm....gearbag....is so nice - wish it was mine.:)
I can see it in my head when u arrive at the dz...just like a secret agent of some sort:D

I use a rawa helmet for the last 3 years.
It´s the best!!!!!!

The flat top is very easy to adept a photo cam
THe case for the camcorder is very good....you can put it head up or down!!!! and you can chage it very fast inside the plane.....

You can see more photos on www.rawa.com.br

Cya
Andre.

Ok, got to jump my FF2 6 times Sunday...and it is amazing! I am really impressed with it. I used it solely for a POV video on AFF dives with a .3 lens on a pc110 and was better than I expected. While I have never heard anything bad about the RAWA, I can safely say that anyone who gets an FF2 will be very very happy with it.
Hope this helps...
Miami