DBCOOPER

Odyssey chest rings

Is there any disadvantage to not getting the chest rings?Don't really like the reserve cable attachment and the thinner chest strap.Have only dabbled with freeflying a little but plan on doing it a lot more in the future.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

You can get the 2" chest strap with chest rings; just need to request it on the order form.

The big disadvantage to not getting the chest rings is that the hip rings will still cost you $200; there's no break on the option price if you only get hip rings.

Is there any disadvantage to not getting the chest rings?Don't really like the reserve cable attachment and the thinner chest strap.Have only dabbled with freeflying a little but plan on doing it a lot more in the future.

I did over 100 jumps in a short time with 2 different Oddssey's, and the chest rings left nasty bruises on my chest. They for some reason are turned in, when there is available straight hardware, or they could turn them out. But upon opening the chest rings have the tendancy to dig in, of course over time you get used to it, or if you do few jumps in a row you might not notice.
Mirage has a similar set up, but they put padding under their ring's. I still dont see a need for the ring's, and it seems to be just an added cost. There (From my opinion) seems to be no difference between a rig with them or without them. Except the diggin in your chest with the Odyssey. Anyway it is all personal preference, too bad you have to buy it before you can decide if you like it or not.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Thats funny cause I jump one and have never ever had any problems once so ever with the chest rings. I think they are the most wonderful modification to the original harness ever made. If RWS offered chest rings I would consider a Micron, well and if they were more comfortable and offered cut in laterals.

I have the 2 inch webbing on my chest rings, you can ask for that. I personally like the 2 inch because its eaiser under canopy to pull out the chest strap to its max without having to worry about it coming out.

I don't have chest rings on my back up and wish I did, they make the harness so much more comfortable and flexible.

I would also recommend the low profile metal reserve handle.

--
Jonathan Bartlett
D-24876
AFF-I

I have 2 javelins. 1 with rings and 1 without. I honestly can't tell the difference in the air. Also the one without any rings is more responsive to harness turns. If I was ordering a new jav today I woudn't bother with them. Spend the $200 on jump tickets!!
http://www.garywainwright.co.uk

Instagram gary_wainwright_uk

If you like the rig tight then I would suggest chest rings especially if your already gonna get hip ones. I've never had bruises from either set of rings and love my odyssey to death. I pull my chest strap real tight in freefall and dont think it would be as comfortable w/o them

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome