Zoter

Securing your Cam .....

Hi all....please find some photos of my new setup....FF2 Cam helmet and PC109.
Im looking to 'secure' the camera to the helmet ( additional to the screw in on the camera mount) to help prevent any vibration.
I'm thinking of drawing a bungee cord with hook around the inside of the helmet and (via some drilled holes) out around the camera....just to hold it all tight.
Does any body have a similar setup /or any advice on my suggestion before I start drilling holes in my carbon fibre helmet [:/]
Thanks

Have you put any jumps on your new setup yet? Before worrying about vibrations and drilling, you might want to give it a try first. I've got the same helmet but with a 330 in it and haven't had any problems with vibration.

The large foam disk on the hinged door of the camera box gives it a bit of cushion and sideways pressure to hold it snug against the helmet. If the 109 is too narrow to make good contact with the foam, then you might want to attach another layer of padding to the existing disc.

I've seen a few other folks' FF2s as well and they all seem to be happy with the mounting screw connection point as well. I checked out a bunch before i bought my own and didn't see any mods like the one you're proposing.

I'm just going to jump in here to second Billo. I've been jumping the same setup (but with a 101 and 350) for the past 300 - 400 jumps, and have never experienced a problem with vibration. Though the camera will move on the L-bracket with the door open, as soon as you secure the door, the foam padding keeps it securely in place.

BTW, is that blue carbon fibre, or just the lighting of the shots? It looks really cool!

Blue ones
Dave
My site...

Yip I think you are right....I have jumped 'the' setup before (someone elses) but not this unit.......
Im just a bit paranoid.....:S I'll follow the advice of just addinga cheeky bit more padding ( I think the 109 is a lil bit smaller than the cams your mention)
Yes it is blue carbon fibre.......isss coooolB|

Thanks both for your input

I have put around 300 jumps this year on that set up with the PC-101. The only problem I had was the foam padding was not thick enough and I had to add another layer to it. This was not to fix a vibration problem though. What was happening to me was when the air was forced into the box it would tend to push the camera away from the side of my head a little bit. This was causing my sighting to be slightly off. But after adding some more cusion to it, no more problen. I am very happy with this helmet. As with any new set up, there will be a learning curve as to setting it up exactly the way you want.

Just add more of the included sticky foam pads to the inside of your case. It'll keep it secure, trust me. I had it on an IP5 in an FF2 for a while and I believe that is smaller than your 109. It'll be just fine. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.