Peej

Online camera stores in the UK?

Hey there,

Could anyone reccommend/ post some links to some reputable online camera stores in the UK please?

I'm looking to buy a pc101, 105 or 109 and while the best prices i've found so far are in the US everything i've found there is in NTSC and i'm looking for PAL.

Much appreciated!
PJ

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I've bought stuff from these guys before, its been a couple of years so can't honestly say what they are like nowadays.
http://www.hiwayhifi.com/site/
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I've had good experiences with Jessops on line. They have a good stock of 2nd hand cameras too which would suit your needs perfectly.

Their 2nd hand cameras come with warrantees and most of the time have just had a full service before sale. The best bit about their online shop is the fact that if you see something in Scotland you like but you live in London - they will ship it to your local Jessops free of charge for you to take a look at.

You get the ease of buying on line with the security of seeing the actual item in the flesh first at a reputable physical shop. http://www.jessops.com/shop.cfm

I've also bought from professional e-bayers but always insist on collection in person if the purchase price is above the £200 protection you have. Take a print out of the description and don't be afraid to walk away from the deal if the item differs in any meaningful way from that description - that is perfectly legal and e-bay should support you in that step.

Many thanks to all of you! I'll probably have the camera sent to a friend in London who's coming back to South Africa in December, that way i'll miss out on having to pay import duties.

Thanks again
PJ

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

If you have a contact in Central London....then consider asking him to take a walk down Tottenham Court Road.

I'm looking for my first cam and with a bit gabble got the price of a brand new Sony PC109 down to £415........and thats better than any online price I have seen

Hit em in the morning and late in the day as a follow up......tell 'em you are walking up and down the street and are gonna buy that day....and you will get a good deal.