bigway

reccomended editing software for mac???

Final Cut Pro ($999)

Final Cut Express ($299)

Avid Xpress Pro ($1695)

Avid Xpress DV ($695)

Adobe Premier 6.5 (this is the last version they made for mac... not sure of the price now)

There are plug-ins for iMovie, but since I don't use it, I don't know their names...
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

What is it you're trying to do?

You could probably make "The Blair Witch Project" just using iMovie. It'd be a hassle, but not really all that big of a deal.

For more complex projects, something that can reference back to original tapes like Final Cut (either), or AVID (either) makes things a bit easier.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

thanks guys...at the moment i have shifted over to the u.k and am travelling around the boggies in europe. I just want max out my equipment while i have the british pounds. First stop it the mtv skyday in austria. I will mainly be using it for my own movies but then again when i get back to new zealand i will be in the rut of making tandem videos.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I have a few iMovie plugins to do various things. I hardly use them.

What sort of effects are you interested in being able to do?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Final Cut Express ($299)

If you are in the market for a new system, you can get FCE for $99. If not, you may be able to wheel/deal with them.

Also and supposedly, the Apple online sales people are looking at user accounts that have configured a system, saved the configuration, but did not order. What the sales people are doing then is contacting the perspective customer and offering a deal.

Sooooo, you may be able to work out something.:)

Not interested in selling them. Just thought if you had something specific in mind I might be able to share my experiences if it was something that I had.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey