armageddon

Packing New ZP

Psychopack it. If you do a search, there's a link somewhere that'll give you step-by-step instructions. Or, there's a neat trick that involves a five-dollar bill, and the canopy seems like it packs itself---

If you do a search you'll find a ton of stuff, I'm sure.

Edited to include:

www.brentfinley.com - has a link to some ZP packing tips that may be helpful.

Easy Does It

An alternative to psycho packing is a modified pro pack. Lying down on the canopy to remove all of the air, place one forearm 2/3 of the way down the canopy, sit up and do your normal 2nd s-fold first. Then straddle the canopy and place that portion of the canopy in the dbag. Then do your normal 1st s-fold second and stuff it into the dbag. You may end up doing a little trash packing to start off with on this technique until the canopy becomes less slippery and your technique gets better, but it shouldn't hurt your openings. In fact it should help if you can believe it. :P

By the way, I'm still only 26 jumps into a new slippierer-than-owls-shit Sabre2 canopy so I know what you're going through. But with this technique I can be packed in about 10 minutes. :$

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Yeah, I use that pack job on all canopies that I pack. (brand new or 1,000 jumps). I usually show people that if they are having a hard time doing the s-fold on s-fold propack. It seems to work quite well, especially if its new or your canopy is a bit big for the bag. Another thing for new ZP, I also find that people tend to put a lot of weight on the canopy when they have it s-folded, I would recommend not putting a lot of weight on it. Keep just enough to keep the canopy together because if you put a lot of weight on there...the material will slip off the other material. Its kinda like having a marble on a marble countertop and putting a plate of glass on top of the marble...if you press down hard on the plate of glass, the marble will go shooting out, whereas light and even pressure will keep the glass on top of the marble. Sorry for the crappy analogy, but it was the only thing that I could come up with on a sunday morning. ;)

physco pack it
i was struggling to pack my new 20+ jumps
samuria (a small bag didn't help)
when my rigger passed by.
seeing me struggle he took over.
20 minutes later.
he passed it back with the comment don't ever expect me to pack that f*cking thing again :(
it was like trying to get a greased up octopus in a milk bottle :)learned to physco pack and problem solved
the openings are the same if not better :)

Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed.
Michael Pritchard.

See Canuckinusa.the method he describes is the same method i use,2nd fold 1st into the D bag followed by the 1st fold.Hope that makes sense as i'm in the same boat as yourself having recently taken delivery of a new canopy[now 6 jumps old] WORKS4ME
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

I just got a new PD Spectre and am having all kinds of fun trying to pack the new zp. :S Are there any tips or tricks to packing this slippery stuff. Ive had no problems packing in the past but.. I am fairly new at it.

I'd say go with the Canuck's idea, or you can use a standard pro pack sequence and use your knees to hold the folds in place, as shown in these pics:
http://www.funjump.com/photos/safire_pack/

Chris

I don't think i'll ever get a brand new canopy! I have enough trouble with my canopy and its done around 130 jumps before I got it :o:D

For psyco packing instructions theIcarus user manual has pretty damn good instructions with colour photo's and all :D Although buy the way they just leave the canopy sitting there I swear it must have done a thousand jumps! :D

I just got my new Spectre 170 and have been trying to fit it into a bag that once had a Hornet 150 in it. Needless to say, I understand what you are going through. I just kept trying and I stuck with the normal ProPack. I looked into Physco packing, I think it is a good method, but it isn't used much at my home drop zone. Since I am a new sky diver, I want to use the same method that is used at the home Drop Zone so that the people there can give me more advice.

After trying to pro-pack it serveral times, I just gave up when I got frustrated. Just keep comming back until you get it. I jumped my first pack job with this configuration (I've jumped my own pack jobs with easier to pack rigs before). It opened perfect, on heading and soft.

Just keep at it, you'll get it.