jtval

STILLs mounting plate

I'm getting kinda pissed off.
I've been trying to get a Fabricator to bend my design. its nothing crazy but I cnat find a Damn fabricator that opens on a regular basis.

Does anyone know where I may be able to find a prefab mounting plate for an OPTIK?
My photos

My Videos

Are you wanting a mounting plate that will bring the stills down in front? If not, just use a stroboframe mount on top. I have a plate with the bend in it for an old bonehead da'bomb. i think it is a little larger than the top of an optik, i would send it to you if you could use it.:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Actually I have, but the corners of the camera would bwe in my periphial(SP?) view. and that would bug the hell out of me[:/]

I called about 15 places and the TWO that answered dont have or use aluminum. Im abou tto go try calling them all Again. what a pain in the ass.
even if I wanted a flat piece I wouldnt know where to get it except from a fabricator...and they dont seem to work, In las Vegas>:(
My photos

My Videos

{Note to HH: Need emo-icon for when light bulb comes on}

So you're trying to make your own Z-Bracket which BoneHead no longer makes I take it? Kind of like a Z with 90 degree angles?

Check out your local Home Depot or Lowes under their build materials dept. or plumbing even.

I could have sworn I saw something like that there once.

Come to think of it, I might have something like that in my tool shed.

Let me go find it for you. I hope you don't need it like this moment so I'll have some time to mail when I find it.
My other ride is the relative wind.

So you're trying to make your own Z-Bracket which BoneHead no longer makes I take it? Kind of like a Z with 90 degree angles?

Maybe he didn't see it before, :S HEY JT, I HAVE ONE!!!!!!! PM me your info and i will send it to you, i have no use for it.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Brains,

VERY COOL. I DIDNT SEE IT BEFORE.
Let me Wait until this coming tuesday. I found someone who may be able to make it for me.
It HAS been a P.I.T.A. I called about 15 ( a few times) places today and only three answered only oNE of those three will even attempt to do this. [:/]
My photos

My Videos

Damn JT isn't there anybody on the field that can help? No small airframe shop with the skill and tools?

I recommend contacting HVAC suppliers ( just for info) about fabrication shops that do thicker gauge metals and that have shears and brakes. You are in the faux metal structure fabricaters capitol at least on the installation side. It may take you a bit of phone surfing. If you've already done all this with no joy you may try hot rod and custom Harley shops. Most shops will charge you a set-up fee since you only need one part and not hundreds. Basically $20 just for talking to you.
Another alternative would be community college or high school metal shop programs. Walk in, talk nice and they may demonstrate their knowledge on a working prototype for you.
And let us not forget the "Arteeeesttss" out there that work in metal. They are starving.
I know its a PITA but how bad do you want it.

jt,
talk to ken i thought he had one on his helmet that he had made localy there in vegas........ or give me the dimentions and i can see what i can get made here... pretty sure out mechanic atthe dz has a sheetmetal bender...

I did that.
I found someone (who happens to be the same guy ken used) but he's not really accessible. (in cabo this week)

I talked to a few folks at the sheet metal shop on base but they will get to it when they get to it etc... they said they would try to get it today(thursday) to no avail...

Damn Guess Ill wait until the CABO trip ends
My photos

My Videos

send me your info and i will send you mine. Cost? nothing, zilch, zero, nada. What about shipping you say?? same thing.;)

thanks I'll take you up on that now. I got a plate made and I guess the guy thought 3/16 inch was the same as 1/16th. b/c this plate is WAY TOO THIN!

I 'preciate it;)
My photos

My Videos

HAHA!

actually the plate was 3/32inch
I took some pics anyway and they are being devleoped now but i AM ABSOLUTELY positve that the camera shook while in freefall. I just HOPE that the shutter speed made up for that. but I Seriously doubt it.[:/]
My photos

My Videos