mindcool

Tempo Reserves after the new Aerodyne....

What is gonna happen to the market of Tempo Reserves now? Is PISA closed ? what about costomers service?
should i get rid of my Tempo?

and what about wingloading of my Tempo120?
it says it holds a jumper up to 132lbs.
my exit weight out the door is 145lbs i believe.
is that dengerous for me?

Shaggy

Why would you? Is it suddenly not airworthy?

For answers to your other questions I suggest that you contact the new Aerodyne or one of it's dealers. Contact information for Aerodyne is here: http://www.aerodyne-int.com/sport/default.asp

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Well I'm 200 out the door and had a ride on my Tempo 150 loading of 1.33. I had no problems at all. You would be loading yours around 1.23 so the canopy will handle it if your skills will.

As for service aerodyne is taking over that and you should get better service from them then you would have from PISA. So I don't know about you but I'm keeping mine.

What is gonna happen to the market of Tempo Reserves now? Is PISA closed ? what about costomers service?

Why would you want to change ? Its still the same canopy...

and what about wingloading of my Tempo120?
it says it holds a jumper up to 132lbs.
my exit weight out the door is 145lbs i believe.
is that dengerous for me?

Shaggy

I think PISA is/was really carefull with the wingloading reqommendations on all canopies. They just want to play it safe. If you think you are qualified to land a 120 reserve, I dont see a reason why you could load your canopy a bit more than thay suggest..

Just a thought...Do PISA reserves now qualify as orphan canopies? I would think not. but does anyone know differently?

Aerodyne International (which PISA was rolled into) has said that they will handle service on PISA equipment.

It is my understanding PISA is still continuing to operate it's military sales under the PISA name. The "New Arodyne" is just a sport equipment marketing ploy. Other than being able to get Parachute's of France equipment here in the States,
I just see it driving up the price of gear and slowing innovation.

Just to set the record straight and dispel any rumors (as if that were possible).
PISA is now part of Aerodyne International, which includes Aerodyne Research (US) and Aerodyne Technologies (Europe)

This "hub" will operate under the name Aerodyne Systems and will be responsible for manufacturing as well as sales, customer service and support for the "Indian Ocean rim" countries.

Aerodyne Research (US hub) will take over support in North and South America for all products previously manufactured and sold by PISA. This is good news for customers located in this region as you can now have a location that is geographically closer to support you. This should improve response time and raise the level of customer service (our goal).

As for our new products (Amax, Vision, Pilot, Solo, Smart, etc), all are new designs. Finalization of each of these designs has involved input from our entire development team (US, Europe, and S. Africa). We all work together on these projects. Some products see a greater influence from the US part of the team, others the European part, etc. but no product has been, or will be released that has not had input from all of these elements.

The idea that any of our new products are simply "repackaged" old designs, is simply untrue. We have been working on many of these designs for the past year or more and a great deal of effort has gone into their designs and testing. As a member of the design and testing team here, I can tell you that I have personally been heavily involved with each of our new designs and none are simply repackaged products.

I hope this sets the "record" straight.

Blue skies,
Ian