TRONQUI

Wide angle lens - How wide is good ?

I've bought a new camera,
This is a Canon Elura 50
Everything is working good for skidiving, and I love it because the weight, measurements and functions>
The only thing is that Cannon only produce one wide angle lens for it
Is a .7 for 28 mm lens

Any comments about this
Ive heard that .7 is too much

thanks
I'll wait here

It truely depends on what you're videoing and what you want the video to look at. I have a .38 on my setup, which is nice when doing FF or RW, but if people are more then a few feet away, they look like they're VERY far away.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You can get other wide angle lens for that camera, you just have to find a step-down ring (adapter) to fit it. But like Andyman said....this camera -may- not be for skydiving. It's predecessor model, the Elura 40, only lasted for a 100 jumps with me.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

i agree with Dave....it all depends on what your filming.....with tandems i use a .5 i also have a .3 which i use for FFing.....now when i get more into competition RW filming...i have done alittle...im gona get a wider lens that way i can get steep on the formation where the judges need me to be to see the grips.
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas