JayhawkJumper

ITS BACK!!!!!

No they didn't give me interest. In fact, they said they would look for it or pay the $1200 insurance claim but that they get to take one year to do either. After 7 monthes they found it. I won't ever ship USPS again, its UPS or FED-EX all the way. Basically because they are a federal entity, they can do whatever they want and you can't do anything if they screw you over. You can file a lawsuit in federal court but that costs thousands to even try. At least its all back now though, and I even got my new canopy the same day, I had a perma-grin the whole day.

Ah!
The joys of shipping!
A decade ago my boss mailed me a book and my final pay check. When they had not arrived after a few weeks, I gave him such a hard time that he mailed me a duplicate paycheck. Turns out, some shmuck in Canada Post hoarded it - along with thousands of other people's mail - in his basement for a year.
Last week I got a tandem rig - via USPS and Canada Post - that was delayed at the border for two weeks. The package arrived ten days after the course finished!
Grumble, grumble.
The alternative is shipping stuff via Fed-Ex, who bend you over and rape you with customs broker fees, even when the contents are clearly labelled "samples, no commercial value."

Thank you for reading my rant.

I hear ya... I am just now getting mail that was sent in September/October because it was routed 4 times to my old addresses (of course one of them being Kuwait)!:S

Good thing I pay my bills electronically! It was fun getting Christmas cards in April though!:D

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here