Parky1

Video stuff

Not sure if what I want to do is realistic as I'm new to this and just thought I'd ask.
I have downloaded some stuff from my cam (Sony PC103) to my laptop and edited my footage using Windows Movie maker. I want to know if its possible to put this onto DVD or video and how I go about doing it.
I do not have DV in on my cam.
Movie maker gives me options to save my stuff onto CD-R or CD-RW.
Any help would be appreciated.

I think you will need a DVD burner not a CD burner, if you a a friend with one just export the edited footage back to your camera and give the tape to your friend or DVD burne, Thats why I got my G4 powerbook with DVD burner so much pleasure..;)
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

I would not output it on VHS.

Make an mpg file and burn it either as VCD or better SVCD that can be done with a normal CD burner and most DVD Players will play SVCD just like a DVD.
Or you can make an mpg file and burn a DVD.
Nero Burning ROM can encode you the right type of mpeg for VCD SVCD or DVD if you have the right plugin. Quality is not best with nero though, better use TMPEG encoder.
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

I do not have DV in on my cam.

Really?? You transferred the footage via firewire to the laptop, right? Or did you transfer it via analog?? I guess the PC-103 also has usb?

If you did use firewire, you are saying that the firewire only allows playing, but not recording? That seems incorrect to me, but I have never seen one, so I certainly can be wrong.

j

If you did use firewire, you are saying that the firewire only allows playing, but not recording? That seems incorrect to me, but I have never seen one, so I certainly can be wrong.

Some PAL versions of cameras don't have DV or analog in because in Europe there is a substantial tax on cameras that can record an external signal.

Some of the PC cameras do not have vieo in video out, only video out.
The PC103/104.105 are the same body with differnt features. they all come with the same amnual.
the 103/104 for instance does no have a memory stick either.
That's why there is such a large price difference between them.:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hey Alan,
The tax thing on 'neutered' cameras is true, however all may not be lost.
contact
Smart DV LTD
13 Park Crescent. Finchley. London. N3 2NL. UK
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8346 8023
For advice on hacking (also called in-enabling) your camcorder, if its at all possible. You can also Google for "DV In Enable". There's a pretty strong Dutch forum on the subject, maybe speak nicely to a Dutch forum member to do some legwork for you.

For a shiney disc solution, I'd recommend you try out
A piece of free software called Tsunami,
http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html, this will give you the ability to creat VCDs, and even better SVCDs for burning via a standard CDRom burner. They should play in most DVD players.

Finally, once your edit is complete, you could always haul your laptop to Strath and speak nicely to someone (Eddie Jones?) who has a DV-In enabled cam, and hose your footage to DV tape that way.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Hey Alan,
The tax thing on 'neutered' cameras is true, however all may not be lost.
contact
Smart DV LTD
13 Park Crescent. Finchley. London. N3 2NL. UK
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8346 8023
For advice on hacking (also called in-enabling) your camcorder, if its at all possible. You can also Google for "DV In Enable".

I think Sony must have clued into the whole "DV In Enable" thing as where the earlier versions... PC5/8 etc were possible to mod because the only difference was the software wouldn't alow DV IN, i thought that the newer PC103 was atually different in Hardware in not alowing DV IN?
This is what i heard... would be interested to know if anyone knew differently from actuall experience :)