freeflir29

Lanc port door PC 105?

I'm getting to the very final stages of finishing my video mount. My PC-105 is a fairly snug fit in my new DBox. Is it necessary or prudent to cut the door off that covers the lanc port. Seems like I could get a MUCH cleaner fit that way but I hate doing anything permanent like that. Opinions?

[Beavis Voice]Cut it off! Whack it! Yea, yeah! Whack it! C'mon you sissy! Whack it off![/Beavis Voice]

I cut mine off, I figure the camera is a work camera doesn't have to be pretty. The d-box and plug protect it.

[Butthead Voice]Uhhhh, huh, yeah. What he said or something.[/Butthead Voice]
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

some folks have taken a small drill bit or dremmel tool and drilled a whole in the door large enough for the plug to fit through.

THAT sounds like a plan. Then the door is still there to keep dirt and crap out of the other two jacks! You could also plug it later with epoxy if you had some reason to. Sweet! Thanks!

My PC-105 is a fairly snug fit in my new DBox.

I'm assuming that you are attaching a Cam-Eye so just a word of caution...ensure that the D-Box doesn't exert to much pressure on the Cam-Eye plug, or it can damage the LANC port. It happened to me and cost me $200 bucks to get it fixed. I made a couple of mods to my D-Box and all is good now.

Is it necessary or prudent to cut the door off that covers the lanc port

I'm not sure about the 105, but on my 101 you don't have to cut the door off. You can remove it by just unscrewing a few SMALL screws. That way you can put it back on if you need to. I would think that you could do this on the 105 as well because the designs aren't all that different.

word of warning, I have had MACK try to charge me for doors that I removed (to put a replacement back on) when they were fixing my camera.

Sony always put new doors on there also (annoying), but didnt charge me extra for it..

MACK stinks, btw. Trying to charge me $250 to put the doors back on.. idiots.

j