Dougjumper

Sony DCR-PC105

Can any of you tell me what would be a good all round wide angle lens to get with a PC105?
and would the longer battery life be useful for jumping?

Here's my .02...not sure on lenses since I haven't jumped with mine yet. I have a Kenko SGW .43 I'm gonna start with. I bought the extra battery and this how I use it. I jump with the stock small battery to keep weight to a minimum. I use the 5 hour for play back on the ground. This is especially good with the 105 since my small battery DOESN'T seem to fit in my rapid charger. The only way I can find to recharge it is ON the camera which takes your camera out of operation for an hour or two. NO GOOD.

The New 330 is even worse for a tighter lens. 5.1mm at widest vs 3.7 on the 105. the PC 5 has a 3.1mm lens. So throw a 0.6 onto the pc330 right now and it's just like having No lens on a PC 5.

Sheesh. Aren't these manufacturers considering the needs of us skydivers?!

If lens size determines wide angle and telephoto flexibility of the lens, and a low focal length provides a wider field while high focal length a longer, narrower, telescopic field of view, then is this true for the PC 330.

If you compare:

PC 105 3.7-37mm f/1.8-2
PC 120 4.2-42mm f/1.8-2.8
PC 330 5.1-51mm f/1.8-2.1

The lens sizes are different in each but the focal length (which is an attribute to the width of view) are the same. Does the lens size actually contribute anything here. Do they not relate to the actual physical size of the lens on the outside?

Doesn't the CCD size add to the effect of tighter or wider field of view aswell?

I was under the impression that the Sony PC 101 / 103 / 105 had narrower field of views than their predercessors.
No problems with PC 120's or 115's, despite them having large lens size.
So is this true about the PC 330, anyone have experience of comparison?

$649 from Broadway. $668 with shipping. Mine should be here soon.

Ok, got my attention. Where's this? How do I contact? Thanks.

Nathan

http://www.bwayphoto.com/product.asp?item=sndcrpc105&l=google

Here is another one that looks good too... never bought from them though!
http://www.digitalliquidators.com/detail.asp?id=sndcrpc105

"We see the world just the way we are...

Bought it from goodguys.com

Normally $799.00 (cheaper than sony), less 10% discount from goodguys.com, no taxes, no shipping for regular shipping = $720.

It's an authorized Sony dealer and a trusted company (unlike an internet reseller). And it's still a great deal. If you don't have $$$ to gamble on the online resellers, then here's an option you might want to consider.
Don't Confuse Me With My Own Words

$649 from Broadway. $668 with shipping. Mine should be here soon.

Ok, got my attention. Where's this? How do I contact? Thanks.

Nathan

FYI - The one from Broadway is PAL and it is $639 now ;) I just spoke to them in the last couple days when I was ordering mine. The NTSC version is $50 more.

Two things to look for - One that it's NTSC, if you're going to be using it in the US, and also that it carries a US MFG warranty - not a "ship to Thailand for repairs" warranty.

You're going to be hard pressed to find on on an Internet web site for less than 680 that is NTSC and carries the US warranty. I just went through this - see my other thread.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

The PC 105 from Broaway for $639 is PAL and takes 3-4 weeks to arrive...I talked to them today about this when ordering mine..the U.S. warranteed, NTSC version is more like $75 more than this particular model, which by the way, they do not mention at all on their website...

Austin

The PC 105 from Broaway for $639 is PAL and takes 3-4 weeks to arrive...I talked to them today about this when ordering mine..the U.S. warranteed, NTSC version is more like $75 more than this particular model, which by the way, they do not mention at all on their website...

Austin

Wow, they upped the price another $25 in two days ? I called them two days ago and they told me the upgrade to NTSC was only $50.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

Guys..I would not trust one thing coming out of Braodway Photo. Please save yourselves alot of headaches and use a more reputable dealer. I personally use b&h photo. For insight into what resellers are up to check them out over at resellerratings.com.

Scott
I read somewhere to learn is to remember and I've learned we all forgot

Do NOT BUY from digitalliquidators. They are the MOST dishonest vendor I have ever done business with. They ripped me off good. You may think that because their prices are so low that you should buy from them, but trust me, you will regret it. They are incredibly unethical crooks. DO NOT EVER buy from those guys!!!!