cvfd1399

Ok video gods let me have it!

This is my first attempt at editing video. I am using Ulead Videostudio 6 and a sharp D.V cam. On upload to computer from cam I always get dopped frames. Everything is turned off and it is through firewire. Anyway I will deal with that later. I did not know what to render and save the final video as so I just saved it as Mpeg1 size is 17.7 MB. The only other options were: NTSC DV, NTSC VCD,NTSC,MPG1, .RM, and. WMV. Which would be best to put up on wesite and what would be best to make a dvd or VHS video with? It only has video of pre jumps and a short tribute to Scotty. The music is not upbeat but I the wanted to mood to be different for the end of the video. Any advise would be appreciated. It was also my first attempt at putting video to my website. Just click the video link on the site thanks.
http://www22.brinkster.com/veronicalisa/

I use Ulead video studio (or is it media studio?)

1. I always create an AVI (NSTC or PAL) for the final video. No compression, uses about 2 gigs per 10 mins.
2. If I want to put it to VHS I copy the avi back to the camera and then make the VHS tape from the camera.
3. If I want a CD I convert the AVI using TMPGenc to MPEG-2 then I use VCDEasy to create the CD ( really a SVCD).

I can't view your video now, I've only got a 50k modem B|

ok this may just be personal preferance....but i have heard this alot.....I tend to stay away from transitions, it takes away from the video.

Also ...when you do get more video and make a long video...try not to show the full scean from start to finish...keep the audience on edge....make then want to have seen just a few more seconds of a certain shot. I generally use about 5-8 seconds from each shot i use.....so just an exit shot....or just a little of the action from a jump.

Also..lay your music first and try to make your transitions or straight cut to the next scean with the beat of the music.

Threr you have my 2cents now.
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

I don't think there's anything wrong with using transitions between scenes, but you seem to be putting transitions between shots. The two are very different things.

For example, your clip has 4 scenes. Gearup, board plane, takeoff, and the memorial.

Secondly, when I do use transitions, I'll stick to one transition throughout the whole film. Just beacuse you have 182 thousand transitions available, it doesn't mean you need to use them all in one clip.

Thirdly, I will only use a longer clip if it is meaningfull. I personally felt some of the shots of the gear-up could have been cut shorter, but that's just my preference.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

The only reason I used the video like that is it is the only video I had lol. I understand what you mean tho. Wife took the video while I geared up. There was swooping and my first stand up landing on that same tape but somehow she erased it before I got it home.

Dude

you watch TV and other peoples Videos, Movies, TV Commercials. and there are Commercials or Movies or other peoples Videos that you like because of the way they edited it, or you like some movie effect or how they moved from one scene to the next (transitions). just make your video like you want it but there is a psychology to shooting and editing video and movies (i still do what i like) and more people will like your videos if you stick with the standards and most of the other posters to your question have given what i think is considered the standards. and ill stay away from the video compression issue other than to say get a site provider who Supports Quick Time, Real Media and windows Media so that you can make a choice as to what you like because most people have all three viewers and all three media types have there Pro's and Con's.

-Scotty-

sorry bout the connection. Is there anything that I can do on my end other than having small files that would help out video watchers as far as speed goes?

Errr , the problem is really at my end. There is no sensible way of providing video to someone who only has a 50k baud modem.