dropoutdave

Spare batteries for Sony Cams.

I'm searching at the moment for extra batteries for my PC120 and have been looking at the wider infoLITHIUM ones, does anyone have any experience with these? Do they add noticable weight?

Although it would be nice to have the longer battery life i'm still trying to weigh up whether it's worth paying the extra for the larger battery or just stick with the standard and get 2 of them.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Dave

----------------------------------------------------------

It's just a ride.......and we can chang it anytime we want.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

I have the Sony PC-101. I use the standard size baterry. I bought an extra to leave on the charger just in case. In the summer, I would get as many as 7 full length tandem videos on one charge. which for me was a full days worth of jumping. In the winter I might have to swap once, but since the battery charges pretty quickly this is never an issue. I know lots of people that jump the larger batteries and they dont complain about weight issues. Also, for me the D-box I have will not fit the larger battery. Might want to verify that before buying. Hope this helps.

I have a spare battery for my PC5, but it is not an original Sony, its from Vivanco. The Problem with this Battery is that it doesn't work at all when its cold. I just get an error Message "infoLITHIUM Battery only" and the camera shuts off. So be carefull when when using a non Sony Battery for Skydiving.
I works perfects in normal and warm weather and for the price of 35€ on ebay, i can't complain since i did not buy it for jumping. Would not fit under my camera cover anyway.
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

Whatever fits in the box.

I have two Sony's and two Lenmar's . The Sony's of the same type (FM50) hold their charge TWICE as long.

I was recently given (thanks CDB) a QM71D that shows over 300 minutes of operating time when put on the camera. It will require me cutting the box if I want to fly with it, but that's a nice amount of time.

I get by just fine all day with the smaller ones, and only have to change once, and only if I've been watching stuff on the screen.

I have a PC120, and two FM-50 (standard) batteries.

A single fully charged FM-50 battery will last me a whole day of jumping, including video debrief with multiple rewinds and slow-motion inbetween each jump.

I really only use the second battery when I forget to fully charge the other one before a day of jumping.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

The Sony's of the same type (FM50) hold their charge TWICE as long.

Just curious... you mean the battery will stay at full capacity longer before needing to be recharged or that the battery lasts longer in use?
matt

I can't comment on the Sony batteries, I only know they are really good.

I know with my digital Elph I bought batteries from another brand, and they lost their charge way faster than the original Canon batteries... I bought extra Sony batteries for my camcorder for that reason.