miller

Why do you shoot video?

I received a call from a reporter the other day who is doing a story about her first skydive. She actually asked a lot of good questions, but the two that we (video guys/gals) get a lot are: what started you shooting video, and what do you like about it?

For some of us, there are easy answers. For me, there's not a simple answer, but I tried to sum it up like this: I like giving back to the sport, I like making people feel happy about seeing themselves, I like experiencing students' first jump every single time I jump (this was also why I used to love being a S/L and tandem JM/I), I like the challenge of flying mixed with photograpy, sunny and blue one day, cloudy and dark the next, but the pictures better be good regardless because someone is schilling out a lot of money for them.

So what made you want to be (and continue to be) a video guy (gal)?

I guess the easiest answer is....(see attached).

1st photo - Jessica got proposed to when she landed (she said yes)

2nd photo - Student is RW flyer's mother doing her 1st jump

Mike

I started shooting video because I wanted to show my whuffo friends how cool we all are :$
Now, I don't have and whuffo friends anymore :D

I continue to shoot video because I love to see the first time tandems having fun in the air. The students and newbies think it's great when they get a video of themselves in freefall.

Ohhh and the money from the tandem video's comes in handy too.

I'm trying to get that 'PERFECT' 4 way exit shot.......
The one we all dream about, leaving the acft all grips in frame and as if all five of us are connected,
not even the slightest bobble. sliding around on block twelve so the judges won't "see" an infraction and then stopping right where the tail stops. So still that you can see your teammates eyes looking into the center. Yeah, I want that.

I started shooting Video just to becuase i enjoyed watching people watch themselves jumping. Also, i know what a good teaching tool it was for me, so i like to shoot students to help them help themselves in the air.

BUNGE

I don't hate them, I just like us better.

Just to be able to savour each moment over and over again!

I love being able to download my footage to the computer and examine every skydive frame by frame, put together videos for friends and enjoy each jump many times over. It's also great for debriefing coaching and PFF jumps.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey