Vertifly

Who's got the info on flying a CANON GL2 3ccd?

Help me out if you can. I'm very close to making a decision on a 3-Chip camera. It looks like the Canon GL2 has got the bells and whistles that I need without being as cumbersome as the vx2000. Plus there isn't any reports of flutter...

Anyone have any positive or negative info on the setup? Let me know. thanks ahead. ;)

I have seen one in my travels... The guy reported no problems, but he was only a belly/above the formation type flyer... it has the same image stab. as other canons, I don't know why it wouldn't have the same problems.

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

I know nothing about jumping high end Canon cameras.... I do have friends having good experiences with the Sony VX2000, also a guy who guys by "Andre Video" is having good luck with the JVC HDTV GR-HD1. His video is awesome, but he's frustrated that he can't share video over firewire or by swapping tapes into other cameras.

Myself, if I went three chip, I'd get the VX2000.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Well, my Canon just got here! I'll be sure to let you dudes know the skinny on freeflyin it (pics of the mount, some shots from it, etc.). This will take about a month to post though.

The GL2 camera is noticably liter than the VX2000. Another thing that I like about it is that it is less long (but more wide); I believe that this would make for a better flying scenario too.

My only concern at this point will be flutter or image stabilization issues.

:S