skyjuggler

Buying Camcorders in the USA

I have read alot of the posts about purchasing cameras and places to buy from, but here is my situation and experience, so advice would be much appreciated.

I am looking to buy a PC 105 or TRV 19 PAL camera and have seen the prices in the states are cheaper. However given that I buy the PC105E or TRV19E (Pal version) will the warranty be for the states, or will the manufacture warranty be european or world wide as it is packaged in the box, and as it is a PAL camera, meant for sale outside of the USA?

Second point: I have called a company called "Broad Way Cameras" and spoken to 3 sales employees who gave conflicting statements regarding waiting times (in stock, 4 weeks wait), prices, and information on the warranties. One sales person called Mike, was the rudest and most unhelpful sales person I have ever spoken too, even worse when every sales person I have ever met in the states has been helpful and wanted to sell me something. So is this firm worth dealing with, anyone have any positive or negative experiences. Firms to stay away from or do business with appreciated!

I am coming to Perris in one week, and am tempted by the lower prices of the camcorders and the availability of PAL versions. However the hassel of dealing with an American firm when based in Spain, and not knowing which warranty will be shipped makes me think other wise.

Further more, what is Sony's warranty policy? I was led to believe that there may be a list of shops in each european country which customers can take their equipment to. Is this true?

Help required!

in regards to the warrenty.. the warrenty would be with sony..

90 days parts and labor and 1 year parts.....

sony has really good cust service.. im sure your warrenty will be valid no matter where you are or where you buy it....

www.bhphotovideo.com

I've bought a lot of equipment from them. They should be helpful but they are New Yorkers so they are straight shooters and may be short with you, but should be helpful. ust make sure you do your home work on what you want.

The site is quit informative and shipping with them is pretty fast. Probably the largest video store around.
www.canopyflightcenter.com
www.skydivesac.com
www.guanofreefly.com