chachi

Adobe Premiere Pro - A First Look

Well, I got the software, I installed it, I was planning on playing on it all night. Then I find out it doesn't like my AMD Athlon 1 gig. I call Adobe and the guy on tech support doesn't think it should be a problem. Then I look at the forums and discover I'm not the only one having problems with a proccessor error message regarding SSE or some BS. It looks like I have to go buy a new processor, it will work on any AMD XP 1600 or greater. Just an FYI at this point. Let me play around a bit and let you all know what I think.

~Chachi

PArt Two:

I got the new chip installed late last night and as soon as I opened it up I got the look from my girlfriend that basically said if you sit there for more than 30 seconds I am going to kick your ass. It did open though so problem one solved. More to follow. As far as difference I would go to Adobe website and download the Premiere Pro intro video showing all the major upgrades. I will give a better analysis of what I think on Monday.

~Chachi

There is no demo of Pro yet. Adobe usually lets their products be on the market for about 4-6 months before they do the demo programs. Pro has only been out about 6 weeks I think.

What did you not like about Premiere 6 and 6.5? If its an interface issue you'll run into that on all Adobe products. Personally I found once I got a dual monitor setup the interface issues went away and the general fell of the product became much smoother.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

just wanna give u my 2cents on premiere pro...
I have installed the progi yesterday and played a bit around with, there are so many changes that I have decided to step back to the former version 6.5.

It might take some more time than just a night to get used to the new deign and features

yep. this SSE optimization/requirement sucks. premiere pro won't run on my laptop because i have a transmeta TM5800 processor in it :(
6.5 worked just fine... but pro won't even load.

good thing to keep in mind if you're looking for an x86 box to do video editing on... if you plan on using premiere, make sure the processor supports the SSE instruction set.

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/31a06.htm