Deuce

Help! What's the best adhesive for...

Gluing new foam into my D-box? The foam surrounding my camera is getting ratty, and I've got some replacement stuff, but what adhesive works best? I used hot glue, but it melts the foam B|

No damn good.

Any suggestions? Brand names?

Thanks.

JP

How about two sided tape? Go with a good brand like 3M and it should hold fine, but is a little less permanent if you want to change it one day to accommodate a different camera model.

That's basically what comes on the foam Bonehead sends out with their "generic" d-boxes, and mine's holding just fine.

Canuck

I don't know if this will work for you, but the last time I had to re-glue my Z1 helmet the rigging loft in Lake Whales told me to use shoe goo. It worked a lot better than using hot glue. You can get shoe goo at just about any Wal-Mart.

Pendejo "Home less" Rodriguez

he who swoops the ditch... oh wait... they aren't there any more..

Pendejo

He who swoops the ditch and does not get out buys the BEER!!

If your chasing a industrial strength glue that bonds foam products try and get your hands on "Zap a Gap" it has bonding properties 3x the strength of super glue. Hobbie shops selling model planes etc generally stock it. Be very carefull as it has the viscousity of water and it doesn't take much to bond stuff together. The bottle it is sold in is quite large so it should last you for years if kept in the fridge. It retails in Australia for $25-$30. Acetone or nail polish remover is best for removing unwanted spills.

As I said earlier becarefull with it as it is easy to bond you hand to your face.

"It ain't over till it's over"

3M carpet adhesive works well too

I heard that stuff was originally developed for NASA or something? I wouldn't be suprised if the guy was full of crap, but I also wouldn't be suprised if he was right! That stuff could bond my car to a brick wall!

Thanks all. I tried the ShooGue, or whatever it's called. I'll heat up a coat wire tomorrow with my soldering torch and cut out the space for my Diamond .5. I think the shoe goo was a good suggestion; Actually got it at WalMart, too!

Not disappointed with the setting properties of it either. Pretty easy to work with. No doubt, if I had some sort of cyanoacrylate stuff, I'd end up in the emergency room with my hand glued to my junk package, or my eye, or worse..B|

Thanks again.