dkpbxman

2 ring release system?

what's up. i talked to the guys who designed it. and what it does is at 6 g's it will make the force of the pull reduced. now, if your at 6 g's you have other things to worry about, because you'll never get your hand in to cut away. BUT, what it also will do is if anyone makes a incorrect riser, with this system, you can't hardly mess it up. it just makes it easier.

and this is also basically what booth said when i had lunch with him and some friends at PIA, and asked him about it. it said he may go to it, but there is really no reason to because they make risers correctly, but if everyone else does, he will too.

he basically see's no advantage, or disadvantage, for his rigs or any other rigs with correctly made risers, but like i said, for people that make risers incorrectly (i'm not sure who) this will fix the problem.

later

he basically see's no advantage, or disadvantage, for his rigs or any other rigs with correctly made risers, but like i said, for people that make risers incorrectly (i'm not sure who) this will fix the problem.

Or, and I think this is aerodyne's point, it makes it easier to make the risers because you can screw up a little and they'd still work.

I'm not sure I really like that idea too much though, I'd really rather have the risers made right in the first place. [:/]
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

Or, and I think this is aerodyne's point, it makes it easier to make the risers because you can screw up a little and they'd still work.

I'm not sure I really like that idea too much though, I'd really rather have the risers made right in the first place.

well, i can agree with you, but this is for the guy who was a bit off on 1 riser or something when he made it. it is just a precationary thing. like a cypress, or rsl or something. like just in case.

later